• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Start Problem M1078A1

blitzberger

Just picked up an auction truck 2003 M1078A1 no start problem . Dash lights come on no crank . Anyone know a place to start bad solenoid ? Relay ? switch off somewhere ?
Jumping it off another military truck via Nato Slave .

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just picked up an auction truck 2003 M1078A1 no start problem . Dash lights come on no crank . Anyone know a place to start bad solenoid ? Relay ? switch off somewhere ?
Jumping it off another military truck via Nato Slave .
I never really have put in the work to figure out why - but the 12v part of the system (low voltage issue) seems to be a problem. When I first got my M108x truck, it would sit for several days - then would not crank. I could jump it off my regular civilian 12v truck by attaching to the 12 volt side.

Ultimate solution to that particular problem was re-cabling the batteries. The jumpers between series and parallel connections were non-standard and too small. Bought new cable ends, then crimped and soldered them to the factory cable. Also purchased new battery terminals - not the cheap low voltage marine grade lugs.

On a NEW TO YOU truck, I think Suprman and NDT both make good points.
Fresh hot batteries are always a good thing!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks