• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No start

USMCWARWAGON

sorry guys its been awhile. I took my old injection pump off and replaced with a rebuilt pump. I can get fuel to the injectors but its not firing up. I can get it to run with off wd-40 but it wont stay running. I have spent the last 3 days bleeding fuel lines/filters. Not too sure what is wrong. Anyone have any ideas?

USMCWARWAGON

how do I check the timing, where are the timing marks? is all of this in the HH? i didnt think that HH was part of the engine timing, I know about the line up mark on the gear inside the HH, thought that was just used to remove HH from the pump.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lineup timing mark on the front of motor, make sure your cyd one valves are closed when your on the mark. That way you know your one #1.
Make sure the pump make is lined up, then make sure your HH is one tooth off to the rear.
Your pump turns the same rpm's as the motor, but the HH turns half the rpm's.
I just finished my pump rebuild and install and this is what I did.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Lineup timing mark on the front of motor, make sure your cyd one valves are closed when your on the mark. That way you know your one #1.
Make sure the pump make is lined up, then make sure your HH is one tooth off to the rear.

Just make sure the red scribed tooth is visible! If not, its 180 out of time.

Your pump turns the same rpm's as the motor, but the HH turns half the rpm's.
I just finished my pump rebuild and install and this is what I did.
See my added note.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks