• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Title for Truck - What Am I missing?

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Redneck20's description is spot on.

There's an unrelated problem with AZ and GL at this time. That is irrelevant.

California requires the vehicle to be titled by the original Buyer prior to subsequent transfer to a 3rd party.

I'm certain that transfers have been done without it. These transfers are not in compliance with California state law. I can't depend on finding a clueless clerk behind the dmv counter that will transfer it without complying with cali law.

I won't be posting on this topic again until I have a resolution. When I have a resolution I will post the outcome to this thread.

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This ended with the bank's fraud dept refunding $5000 to me and Ebay telling me "too bad" on the $1000 that went through them. Oh, and I'm out a $300 plane ticket. A $1300 lesson. Learn from my lapse in judgment instead of making your own....

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Now, can you PLEASE ID. the seller so others on here WILL know NOT to buy from him/her

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you got it worked out and sorry it cost you a bunch of cash.

I changed the title so others may find it if they search for "No Title"

MtnSnow

Now take him to small claims court for breach of contract. He took your deposit and failed to deliver the required documents to complete the sale....You can get your 1300 back plus expenses.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now take him to small claims court for breach of contract. He took your deposit and failed to deliver the required documents to complete the sale....You can get your 1300 back plus expenses.
Under e-bay user agreement unless you opt out in writing when you sign-up you agree to Arbitration and agree all legal disputes be filed in Utah . That might be alright if you live in Utah , but could get expensive if you live outside of Utah.