• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

no turn signals (m1008)

mouse

i just picked up a 1986 m1008 last night,it has 17000.mil on it(documented).the 4 way flashers work, but the turn signals dont.when i was driving it home ,the left indicatorlight would stay on and the right turn signal would work. then i would hit a bump,and the left indicator light would go out, now the right turn signal would not work.(back and forth all the way home) i looked where the trailer lights plug in for a bad ground.what should the trailer harnes look like? i have a dubble male,and a dubble female hanging there. is this correct? any suggestions :banghead:

Prerunner1982

have you checked the bulbs? when one light stays on, from past experience it has been a burnt bulb. Also check the ground for the tail lights.. which if like my 82 Civvy c-10 should be on the drivers side on a crossmember, possibly part of the bed.

mouse

checked bulbs,grounds, trailer hitch ground,and harness.i did find a melted wire under the dash were thay jumped the black out switches.

Baer

So what was the conclusion? The left turn signal on my M1008 is just a constant light even though all bulbs and grounds are good (I even replaced the left front bulb socket with no change).

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So what was the conclusion? The left turn signal on my M1008 is just a constant light even though all bulbs and grounds are good (I even replaced the left front bulb socket with no change).
I wouldn't count on a response this thread is 9 years old and the original poster has logged on to the site almost 9 years .
Last Activity 03-30-2006 19:19