• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nobody wants to insure my deuce!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What about a modern full Bridging truck? that think looked like a deathtrap just sitting in the motorpool

Scarecrow1

Well after looking for a a good middle ground one that will allow me to drive unlimited miles a year, be in parades and pretty much drive anytime anywhere has come to an end. I found one in NC through Southern Truck Service and it is a commercial policy not a collectors.Progressive under wrote it . There are some states as we know that really discourage the ownership of these trucks. I had my new insurance guy tell me and I quote The insurance companies all are hurting and they are pulling back from any policy that they may have to face a law suite on. All they want to insure are the meat and potatoes polices. Home and limited auto policies) end quote. So the resent storms have put more than one out of business . What some people don't know is there are really very few big insurance companies and then they underwrite hundreds of little companies. If you had the choice to insure a Honda civic or a 5ton military truck which would you choose to put your money on for being liable for the damages they may cause? Insurance companies play the stock market just like may other companies do . When the market fell so did their money or our money anyway you look at it they lost BIG money. Which brings us to our young friend. A twenty something year old guy with a massive hunk of steel with wheels on it. That with the best driving record isn't a bet I want to take on. What he didn't tell us was what his driving record was . If the want 2500 dollars every six months it may be a clue. My final advice is what has been posted many times( Gulf Way)out of Fla . Stay within their guild lines and everything will be fine I just had a problem with them telling me what I could use my truck for . So at 45 dollars a month I elected this one.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want insurance without restrictions, prepare to pay for it. You will have to strike a balance between restrictions and price. The common laws of business balance are going to prevent you getting a Maserati policy at Yugo pricing. It's not that nobody wants to insure your truck, more like nobody wants to insure your truck without limitations for the price of a collectors policy. You have a choice to make.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And welcome to the real world where the grownups get to play and make these decisions everyday.

midevilduece

If anyone is interested, I took the title for my 1971 m35a2 to my insurance company, Guide One. The girl typed the VIN into her computer and it popped out Surplus Military Vehicle? with a yes or no option. She hits yes and the insurance quote was 123.00 for 6 months basic coverage. No restrictions on mileage or garages. I just thought that as soon as the vin was entered it spitting out the Surplus MIl. Veh. thing was cool. Considering that I have an 18year old son and a 17 year old daughter both with DL's who ARE covered to drive the deuce i thgought that was more than a fair price. ( for the record my daughter has no chance of driving the duece with her skinny little chicken arms) Guideone has a policy that covers military surplus vehicles. that's the jist of it.
Rodney

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is GREAT! I posted a thread asking who did what & where and it was locked.

That was because you didn't bother using search. This thread has contributed nothing new in helping to find insurance. It is the same insurance companies in thread after thread. Commercial or historic or daily driver or garaged or not garaged the answers have been re-hashed over and over on the site.

Using Google:
site:steelsoldiers.com "deuce insurance"

I get only 383 unique results for your reading pleasure, even some with people pointing out that it is covered almost weekly.

With all this "great new" info this one is now closed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.