• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Noise help!!??

jimh1985

Ive gt a deuce and only when i move slow most of the time in first or second ill have a loud screeching sound almost like metal on metal. the front boots on the axles are busted but I have lifted te truck spun the wheels ect and have found nothing no noise! I havnt been able to replicate this without being in the truck.

Any ideas has anyone had a problem like this??

whyme

check your parking brake and make sure it moved freely and is adjusted correctly after that i would check the drive line for anything suspicious (damage, foreign material, ect). also make sure the bearings are torqued correctly, i doubt it but its possible there is enough play in them that when the weight of the truck is on them there is contact (possibly between the drum and back plate)

jimh1985

Well the other day the wheel didnt move when i wiggles it today it did, it was a complete bearing failure! ground up most of the rollers what a nightmare