• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Noise & stuff

Ma Duce

So the 923 has developeda growl when on the road. it doesn't show up when the truck is idling or when I rev the motor to build up air pressure.

It seems relagted to road speed as it is intermitent and kicks in around 15 miles an hour. It chages to a much higher pitch. And while I can't really feel a vibration, it has that "sound" at a high speed 45 plus. Trans fluid is ok as are the diffs. Gonna check the transfer case next. It also sounds like it is coming forward of the trans case as I hear it best at low speeds with the windows
down.

I also have a front knuckle boot that is leakoing and a rear axel leacking so I need seals. Any suggestions on the best place to get the zippered boot? and are the rear axel seals available commercially at NAPA or some place. Gonna try and get that done in the next week.

And the starter switch is acting up. looks like I'll need to replace it too.

on a lighter note, I didn't pay attention to the bumber numbers when I got it. But after I got home I notice it was from a unit I use to have an affiliation with.

Back in the '90s, I was part of E Troop 4th Cav. E troop was part of the 205th Infantry BDE. We were then closed and transferred to A Troop 4/9th Cav as part of the 6th Inf Div. The 205th was also moved to the 6th.
During Clinton, our Troop and the 205 were done away with.

So I look it up and the 205th was brought back as a training BDE.

Kinda funny, this truck comes from the 205th LSB, that I once had a tangental reltionship with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks