• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Noisy axles at LMTV

Awesomlmtv

@Floridianson is correct. I just got drivelines back from complete ($2077.) rebuild, new splines, new u joints, balanced, everything. Vibration persists though it did help.

I did have a question about ring gear lash: if I pull the pumpkin and want to tighten it can I measure with a feeler gauge and adjust the castle nut?

What is the correct gear lash on the front axle?

My front axle has more movement than seems healthy. The rear is tighter, and moves as expected. I am investigating the gear reduction hubs as well to tighten up the driveline for long distance trips.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesomlmtv Myself I would not only do the hubs but go all the way in and repack inner bearings with grease. You could have a inner bearing / race problem so myself I would not worry about ring gear quit yet.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks