• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Noisy heater blower / fan ??

orgnal

I started using the heater blower / fan on my HMMWV this winter and it is noisy even at low setting. I was wondering if this common or if I need to clean the blower fan and check the blower motor. It is as loud as the engine is at idle.

McReddy

It its the M998 A0 setup the squirrel cage is a pain to get off of the motor shaft, but take it off and check the motor sound with no load. My squirrel cage was a metal one.

If the motor is suspect, I'd replace it. Last winter, luckily while I was in the truck, mine seized up. The battery gauge went from green down to red once I heard a squeal and seize. I shut it off. That thing was drawing some serious amperage to move the battery gauge down that far. There was that nice burning electrical smell with only a second of being locked up. I would have been very sad to have the truck to have had a fire. Cold drive home with a high of -4 on the way home.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I started using the heater blower / fan on my HMMWV this winter and it is noisy even at low setting. I was wondering if this common or if I need to clean the blower fan and check the blower motor. It is as loud as the engine is at idle.

McReddy
If you find you need one...I have one available.
DSC_000263.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks