• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

non englist speeking guy hit me picking up at GL

krall

I don't like to vent much but man some guy picking up for GL monday didn't have a clue how to drive, he had a car on a trailer and a box van from Uhaul and was trying to drive it but it wasn't working, first as I was just getting out of my truck to get the ratchets out this nuckle head shows up and tryes to back this 15 ft trailer up and jack knifs right of the bat, not even close, knowing he cant drive for crap he just pulls up and turns around and I forget about the guy, so Im in between the truck and trailer head down working on a strap and the howl dang truck and trailer come right at me, jumps and stops, ...... like what the heck. I of cours look up and realize he hit the back of the trailer with his trailer and I go shouthing after him temper flarin and of course he gets out the truck saying in way broking english what happen, ahhhh, luckly the trailer aint too bag just a big broken light and messed up light bracket, just told the guy to get in his car and leave me alone, lucly I think they guy loading me from GL noticed me yelling at him and there was like 3 people wainting at this point and he loaded all of us but never talked to the guy that that hit me, so I think he took his time loading him, I wanted to ask what the guy could possibly be buying but I needed to leave, I wasn't happy.

ok thanks I feel better now

any one have this or something like it happen??

krall

I don't like to vent much but man some guy picking up for GL monday didn't have a clue how to drive,

he had a car on a trailer and a box van from Uhaul, he was trying to drive it but it wasn't working,

first as I was just getting out of my truck to get the ratchets out, this nuckle head shows up and tryes to back this 15 ft trailer up and jack knifs right of the bat, not even close, knowing he cant drive for crap he just pulls up and turns around and I forget about the guy,

so Im in between the truck and trailer head down working on a strap and the whole dang truck and trailer jumps and stops, ...... like what the heck.

I of cours look up and realize he hit the back of the trailer with his trailer and I go shouthing after him temper flarin and of course he gets out the truck saying in way broking english what happen, ahhhh,

luckly the trailer aint too bag just a big broken light and messed up light bracket, just told the guy to get in his car and leave me alone, lucly I think they guy loading me from GL noticed me yelling at him and there were 3 people waiting at this point to get loaded. he loaded all of us but never talked to the guy that that hit me, so I think he took his time loading him, I wanted to ask what the guy could possibly be buying but I needed to leave, I wasn't happy.

Midnight Rider

So, you were picking up some items you bought and another person picking up items hit your truck/trailer?

Why didn't you call the cops and file a report?

I wouldn't have let someone leave after hitting my vehicle/ trailer.

goldneagle

Actually I would have gotten his tag number, let him leave, call the COPS and say he left the scene of an accident. That is a big NO NO in any state!

krall

yeah but this guy had a beat up car on the trailer, it looked like he didn't stop fast enough and hit somone in the back and then just decided to rent a uhaul and triler, but no I wasn't going to call the cops and get even madder at the guy, he had no clue and the cop wasn't going to solv anything, besides I wanted to get new lights for that trailer anyways, I have broken them myself many times they do stick out a little bit but not past the wheels.

stumps

..., he had no clue and the cop wasn't going to solve anything, besides I wanted to get new lights for that trailer anyways, I have broken them myself many times they do stick out a little bit but not past the wheels.
If he was indeed that bad of a driver, and perhaps even uninsured (who knows?), the cops could have solved something very important: They could have taken him off of the road and maybe saved someone's life.

-Chuck

krall

your giveing the system too much credit, they wouldn't have done anything other than take the report. they are just historians, they record the past

stumps

A teenage girl, driving a car load of her teenage friends, hit my truck one morning. She had no license, no registration, and I called in the cops. They came, impounded her car, and she left in the cruiser.

-Chuck

krall

you have to have a license and registration to get a Uhaul so that would have not been the case, and as for spelling I am not going to change, I can't spell that is all there is to it.

majorhitt

You were picking up at a GL site, and so was this guy. Should he be picking up anything at a GL site? Was this guy legal? What is the end use of the items the non english guy was picking up?

zout

Do not remember which rule this is in my book but:
Never let someone else take care of what you can take care of yourself.

Your property - someome hit it - get the tag - call the cops and make sure they due their job on site. You could have possibly - and I say possibly other problems by letting the LEO take over.

But eh - by the time LE got there the guy would have slipped severely against the vehicles and was bleeding where just an ambulance was needed.

stumps

you have to have a license and registration to get a Uhaul so that would have not been the case, and as for spelling I am not going to change, I can't spell that is all there is to it.
She had a driver's license, but she wasn't carrying her license, and the car's registration, while she was driving. No identification, and get in a fairly major accident, and off you go to the station.

As to spelling, any reasonable web browser will clue you in to all of your misspelled words. It will underline the misspelled words in red, and if you right click on the word, it will give you a list of possible corrected spellings.

It is polite to make an effort to spell correctly when you are communicating on a written board. The tools available make it possible with minimal effort.

-Chuck

G-Force

She had a driver's license, but she wasn't carrying her license, and the car's registration, while she was driving. No identification, and get in a fairly major accident, and off you go to the station.

As to spelling, any reasonable web browser will clue you in to all of your misspelled words. It will underline the misspelled words in red, and if you right click on the word, it will give you a list of possible corrected spellings.

It is polite to make an effort to spell correctly when you are communicating on a written board. The tools available make it possible with minimal effort.

-Chuck

But Stumps,
If the word was spelled wrong to begin with what would be the sense of clicking on the underlined word and selecting from a list when you didn't know how to spell it correctly in the first place????

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks