• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Non MV Posts?

aximony

Are non-military vehicles a taboo topic on SS, or can we discuss other vehicles?

I just don't want to be chased out of town for asking an SUV or sedan related question.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
99% is MV stuff, but I have asked questions of civy stuff when I ran into trouble with my daily driver. Now if you start posting about lowered trucks with fart pipes, you might get flamed.

aximony

"Forum Rules", the entry located between "User CP" and "FAQ" at the top?

Yes. I have read it.

Some of the vehicles and accessories we discuss on this website are going to be inevitably used with other non-military vehicles. I would think.

For example, would it be inapporopritae to ask if an xyz military trailer can be used with a Tahoe, for example?

Similarly, how about discussing whether parts from a Ford or Chevy pickup would fit in a given military pickup truck or trailer?

Do you see where I'm going with this?

scooter01922

Gotcha aximony, if it involves a MV you are covered. Now if you start asking what tranny fluid you need for a 99 geo metro we have an issue.

Cucvnut

first off but do you own a MV or are you here to just ask questions because you don't know where else to look ? have you tired pirate 4x4 ?

Reactions: emr

emr

This is a site for people interested in owning or already owning military vehicles. I personally find it silly to talk other stuff hear, now there has been an exception or 2, But even those should be MV related, like Mans best friend ,is a good one. as for Other trucks an stuff, I am sure there are sites for it out there.......so no.

moleary

first off but do you own a MV or are you here to just ask questions because you don't know where else to look ? have you tired pirate 4x4 ?
Why would anyone care if he owns an MV? He clarified what type of question he wanted to ask pretty well, and even if he didn't own one perhaps hanging out here would interest him in the hobby enough to participate in ownership as well.

The only reason I ask cucvfreak is because I saw the suggested requirement of MV ownership for participation in another thread and I really hope the site doesn't move toward that sort of elitism, either by design or effect.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I kind of agree with moleary here...why does he even have to own an MV, and why should the ownership of just a trailer (lets say an M105) be looked at as not actually owning an MV. It is a piece of military equipment, just the same as a deuce or a generator. It just doesn't happen to be technically a vehicle.

When I first joined, I didn't have anything MV at the time. But I purchased my generators shortly after joining, and in the following months became addicted to the deuce, so I bought one. According to the theory of MV ownership first, I should not have been allowed to post or even join???

Come on guys, as long as the question has any ME (Military Equipment) content at all it should be allowed, and is allowed.

Cucvnut

because i asked because he asked about non MV questions about his civvy car and i suggested he try pirate 4x4 if he has a question that in no way relates to a MV

and moleary look at the post above your it pretty much answers your question

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is not going to be a MV owners only site. It was a suggestion of one of the members that was retracted later, and at no time was it considered.

emr

I sure sgree and I did not even hint of only owning an MV to join in, BUT I did say and do stick with , One should be interested in Military vehicles and only military vehicles to be on this site. I do not think my post was in question, but want to be sure, I really feel it is silly to ask about ones civy ride here....And to be honest, not sure why one would ask.....But thats me...Randy

Goose2448

Heres my rule of thumb: I may ask, mostly in chat, about my 85 Chevy C20 and mostly thats for anything but the engine and tranny, but not my car or burban. What it sounds like you might ask is ok.

Welcome to the addiction of SS.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks