• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Non running M35 value

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw an ad for a non running M35 W/W, looks to be in decent shape body wise from the photo. No bows or tarp that I can see, and doesn't look like there's a soft top. It's also missing the grill. Of course the seller didn't give much info on why it wasn't running, but did say there was a "bunch of extra parts". It's also advertised as an "1989" model. (lol) Just wondering what you guys think it's worth. (besides the obvious "Whatever someone will pay for it")

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
$16,000 or more, totally restored.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Its worth more in parts.The winch is worth atleast a grand if its complete.The front rear is worth a grand.That leaves alot of other parts,plus whats left for scrap.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it truely is a '89 it would be an Air Force Deuce with the split brakes. Between $2k and $3k. I paid $1600 for an '88 Air Forcr deuce with a bent frame.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
About $11 a pound and up, depending on shape.
You sure you don't mean 11 cents a pound? That's about what scrap price is. $11 a pound would be over $14,000 for a w/w deuce. :-D

Personally, I won't give over scrap price for a rough non-running deuce. Sure, you can make more than twice that in parts but I've done several and it's a lot of work to disassemble a deuce into parts.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it truely is a '89 it would be an Air Force Deuce with the split brakes. Between $2k and $3k. I paid $1600 for an '88 Air Forcr deuce with a bent frame.
Wouldn't those be M35A3's? 'Cause this definitely isn't an A3. It's got the three color camo paint too.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1989 was the last year of the Airforce contract for the A2C deuce.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not saying it's not a '89 but you need to check really well. I've seen '80s deuces advertised but when I went to look at them they weren't. Both times they were taking the date off the engine data tag and applying that to the year the truck was built. One was actually a 1953 and the other was a 1968.

A 1989 deuce should have a dropside bed and dual circuit brakes. I think the first 4 numbers of the VIN should be 0840.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks