• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

non slip yoke 208?

rustyolred

Is ther such an animal? If not is there a reputable sye that is not a hack and tap? Haven't broke the slip yoke on the CUCV yet but did on my 81f150 with 4.9 I6 and 4 spd trans. Also only 33" tires and 4.10 gears.

jdemaris

Is ther such an animal? If not is there a reputable sye that is not a hack and tap? Haven't broke the slip yoke on the CUCV yet but did on my 81f150 with 4.9 I6 and 4 spd trans. Also only 33" tires and 4.10 gears.
I've seen places that sell "kits" now and then that will fit any 208 or 241 transfercase. All it comes with is a yoke and a bolt. You have to drill the output shaft yourself and tap the hole so that yoke can get bolted on. Then supply your sold drive-shaft with its own slip-spline setup.

Using factory parts, you'd need a different output shaft. And, the 208 uses a different output shaft, speedo gear, and tailshaft then a 241 uses.

In regard to the Dodge transfercase with the fixed yoke - it has different input splines then the two GM setups.

Cucvnut

Last edited:

ODdave

I've seen places that sell "kits" now and then that will fit any 208 or 241 transfercase. All it comes with is a yoke and a bolt. You have to drill the output shaft yourself and tap the hole so that yoke can get bolted on. Then supply your sold drive-shaft with its own slip-spline setup.

Using factory parts, you'd need a different output shaft. And, the 208 uses a different output shaft, speedo gear, and tailshaft then a 241 uses.

In regard to the Dodge transfercase with the fixed yoke - it has different input splines then the two GM setups.
That is why you only use the output shaft and the tail housing from the dodge:doh:
Dodge used both 208's and 241's in the ram chargers. This is gonna be your cheapest option.

The ford one will NOT work. the tail shaft casting is differnt.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks