• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

non turbo conversion???

I found a deuce with a nn turbo multifuel. I was wondering how much it would cost to convert it to C turbo. I have a list that somebody gave me as to what parts I would need, but I wanted other peoples opinions. Has anybody on here done this kind of work, what is really involved in the conversion. and the bad question, how much did it cost ya?? I would really like to know guys, thanks. :beer:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
$500ish, give or take $500.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
A new turbo exhaust kit is going for $200 ish. All you would need in addition to that would be the turbo, intake horn, slobber tube, oil supply line, oil drain line and turbo gasket. If you were smart, you'd put in a pyrometer at the same time.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a nice day project. 3-6 hours, at an easy pace.

MO MV man

Call me a sicko and love it or hate it but that whistler is worth it's weight in gold to me......I LOVE it!
Talk about an attention magnet.

That's the FIRST thing local diesel enthusiasts latch onto when my truck pulls up is the whistle.
They look at me like I'm nuts when I tell them it's "pumping out about 140HP".
It sounds like a 600HP Cummins. :p

You got my vote.....spend the $500 and enjoy it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks