• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

non turbo ,low on power?

stellaruthie

Just wondering if anyone has expierence with a non turbo deuce compared to a turbo as far as power and speed.my 109a3 without turbo seems like a total dog compared to the turbo trucks I have driven:?:thanks ps there is a very slight fuel leak on top of the ip head at one of the line connections,line seems good and tight,could that matter:?:

dittle

The turbo was not added for a power boost. It was added to meet EPA requirements. There is minimal HP difference b/t turbo vs. non-turbo engines.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
109 weighs a good bit more than a standard deuce (about a ton), and the box has a lot more air drag because of it's shape. Both will cause it to be slower on everything but a downhill run.

Sephirothq

I had a non turbo duece. there wasn't too much of a difference in power. The biggest thing was the trail of black smoke from the exhaust. The M109's I have seem to have more power then the cargo varients. Or at least they are faster on the road.

usmc320

I have had both a turbo and non-turbo deuce. Of course you know they were rated with similar power numbers, but I would bet the turbo one has a broader power band if not more power. My turbo one pulls more going up hills and does better maintaining speed. Could be the fuel may have been turned up by the unit it came from, but I would place my money on the power band. I have yet to see dyno numbers proving or disproving my theory.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks