• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Non-turbo to turbo upgrade

Hi everyone,

I have a 66' 2.5 ton and I'm wanting to put a turbo on it. I've done some research and found a kit from Eastern Surplus for $450 plus shipping. I know I've read quite a bit on here that they can be a hit or miss and that people don't like to order from them. Now has anyone ordered this kit by chance or ordered anything recently that can tell me how their experience was? I have also reached out to Big Mike's Motorpool and he gave me a price of $800 plus shipping for a kit. I have ordered multiple things from him and everything has always been great. But with this kit it is quite a difference in price and I'm not sure what differences there are between the both of the kits. I would greatly appreciate anyone's feedback or opinions with this. Big Mike also has a used whistler for $400 and I've come across one on ebay from C&C Equipment for $650 o.b.o as well as a NOS for $850 o.b.o. I'm not sure what the best route to go is for a turbo either. My mind tells me go NOS just for piece of mind but getting used also saves a little but of money upfront. But with the potential of turbo failure eventually later on which would put me at the cost of the NOS turbo. If anyone has knowledge on lifespan of the turbos or recommendations or opinions what I should do. It would be appreciated

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does the Eastern kit include the actual turbocharger? I don’t think so. Eastern is highly recommended by me, always happy with many purchases.
Oh and NA deuce engines are badazz, love mine and it’s smoke trail. Plenty of power.

Does the Eastern kit include the actual turbocharger? I don’t think so. Eastern is highly recommended by me, always happy with many purchases.
Oh and NA deuce engines are badazz, love mine and it’s smoke trail. Plenty of power.

Eastern kit does not include turbocharger either does Big Mike's kit. Yes I love my truck but want the added sound

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks