• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Noob from Monroe, Washington

OD_Coyote

Okay, here's a real noob question. Is there an actual classifieds section here on Steelsoldiers.com? I found the "Military Vehicle Stuff on eBay" section, but is there an actual place that members here can post ads for deuces they are selling? You guys know a lot more about these trucks than I do, and I'd much rather buy from someone here, than to gamble on a random ad on Craigslist.
Yes and you can access the classified section by selecting "Resources" at the top of the SS page and then selecting "Classifieds". When you get into the Classified section you should be able to select "Vehicles" on the left side of the screen.

AN/ARC186

Welcome aboard! There's a guy in Tenino selling a couple as well.wherever you decide to buy from, take your time,look it over and when in doubt ask these guys, I've learned more from them then you can imagine:p

MilitaryRestoration

convention is every 10 years for portland so you got some time :-/ i'm already waiting hehe if you need explanation on transfer cases i've become an expert unfortunately on them so feel free to ask. btw all of our trucks are turbo and air shift trucks

wsucougarx

You could try Brad Milne in Yelm Washington for a duece. I will look this Saturday to see how many he has left. I would say there are at least 20 or so. He still has wreckers and 5tons as well. If you want Pm me and I will give you his phone number. I do not want to post it without his permission.
Well, he doesn't quite have 20 out there anymore. He has had to scrap a majority of them due to the county ordinances. He must have about 6 deuces or so and I'm not sure if they are all in running condition. Two of them are for sale however.

Jinx

How would I verify the sprag is working? With a typical 4x4, you engage the 4 wheel drive and turn left or right (on dirt of course). You can feel the truck pulling and pushing at the same time. Would this method work on a deuce with a sprag front diff?

Jinx

Well, he doesn't quite have 20 out there anymore. He has had to scrap a majority of them due to the county ordinances. He must have about 6 deuces or so and I'm not sure if they are all in running condition. Two of them are for sale however.
I talked to Brad Milne. That guy is a wealth of information. He said he's got a bunch of trucks that run and to stop on by to check them out. Impressive fellow. He couldn't meet me this weekend, because he will be out of town. I want to get together with him the weekend after to check out his trucks.

Thanks for the info guys.

BTW Mike, Brad said you went all through the entire yard and picked out the best parts to build two absolutely perfect winches for your own trucks. LOL

CurryRA

Jinx......Welcome aboard!! I'm right up the road from you out in Sultan, WA. I've got a 67' M35A2 and also plenty of tools that I've had to buy just to be able to work on it. Shoot me an email if you need help with anything.

You found a great site here as there are lots of people who are willing to help you when you have questions. Hope you get a truck, Ross

BTW, if you need help with getting it I may be able to assist you with that also.

Jinx

Great to hear CurryRA! I just may take you up on the offer. Thanks. :)

I thought I was the only one that wanted a deuce around here. Its great that there are so many people around these parts that own deuces. When I get a truck, we need to schedule some kind of get together. We could have a convoy/get together at XXX Burger in Issaquah.

CurryRA

That is what people will say, "Why in the world do you need that". Who cares!!

I'm getting mine setup now to carry my rockcrawler to and from events. Also, I've got a Sprauge type transfer case in my truck now which I'll be switching out to an Airshift unit soon. The airshift is in the back of my Toyota pickup; I've just got to make a lift so I can get the old case out of the truck and the new one in. Anyway, if you need Sprauge transfer case parts for some reason I'll be happy to more or less give you the Sprauge that's going to come out of my truck.

Just shoot me a PM if you need anything or have questions, Ross

rattlecan6104

Welcome, I got mine from the guy in tenino, he's a good guy to deal with, alreadt put lots of mods on his that he is keeping. I was just in your area over the weekend picking up waste oil. Im located on whidbey BTW.

usmc deuce cpl

Good luck on a truck. I am in the process of purchasing through government liquidation. I won a bid of 800. low balled on 2 trucks and almost got 2 trucks. I am still on a steep learning curve on the auction thing but I got a truck preaty cheap. the trick is going to be getting it home. Am going to try to drive but mot expecting a perfect truck so I will see. The truck is at Redstone Arsenal, Alabama

usmc deuce cpl

By the way if there is anyone near redstone that would be willing to lend a hand if needed would be of great help. O D Coyote is helping me out on what to look for when i get there.
And if there is anyone heading there that might be able to check it out to se if it will start and maybe the brake condition. please pm me and i can give info on truck. Thanks Dave

wsucougarx

Good luck on a truck. I am in the process of purchasing through government liquidation. I won a bid of 800. low balled on 2 trucks and almost got 2 trucks. I am still on a steep learning curve on the auction thing but I got a truck preaty cheap. the trick is going to be getting it home. Am going to try to drive but mot expecting a perfect truck so I will see. The truck is at Redstone Arsenal, Alabama
Holy smokes, you're going to drive a deuce from AL to WA? Ought to be one good recovery story. You may very well get the longest deuce recovery award:razz:

usmc deuce cpl

My EUC was sent to Battle Creek today. Will have to see how long it takes to get it back.
I kind of figured that might be the case on the recovery distance. But to my credit I am A truck driver and an owner operator so i am familiar with heavy equipment. As long as the truck runs and the brakes work or are easy to repair i should be good to go. I figure the distance to be approximately 2500 mi. and will take 6 long days of driving. I hope anyway. If i drive down and back it will take 10 or 11 days barring problems. Will keep you posted.

usmc deuce cpl

My EUC was sent to Battle Creek today. Will have to see how long it takes to get it back.
I kind of figured that might be the case on the recovery distance. But to my credit I am A truck driver and an owner operator so i am familiar with heavy equipment. As long as the truck runs and the brakes work or are easy to repair i should be good to go. I figure the distance to be approximately 2500 mi. and will take 6 long days of driving. I hope anyway. If i drive down and back it will take 10 or 11 days barring problems. Will keep you posted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks