• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Noob from SW Pa. with ( Daddy's Ugly Truck )

bill3542

yea i know and i not buying the beer... owner of 1976 M880 Power Wagon since 1991 that i just keep fixing up, i believe the old girl came from the Indian Town Gap base here in Pa.
Paid 2 grand for in 1991 and it had 22,000 miles on it then and over the years its had a lot done to it.
rebuilt carb, alternator, tranny built to heavy duty specs, rod bearings, main bearings and Melling high volume oil pump.
all brake lines replaced, master cylinder replaced and radiator replaced.
total cab rebuild and door replacement, bed was replaced with one from 1990 Dodge that was rust free.
replaced 16.5 rims with 16 rims running 10 ply LT 265/75 16 tires.
i installed power steering, sliding rear window and rear cargo light.

my kids have helped some also with fog lights, center grille guard, LED off road lights and a JVC AM-FM-CD radio with MP3, flashdrive set-up, antenna and 4 speakers. camo paint scheme was changed with the addition of OD and khaki so now its 5 color setup. we have kept it out the winter salt for over 20 years now and it just hauls firewood from Amish sawmills in the summer.
got 65,000 miles on now and have turned down offers of 7 grand for it... its a work truck and i like too much, when i figure how to post pictures i'll put one up. the name came from my oldest girl who was a 4 at the time in 1991 and simply called it ( Daddy's Ugly Truck ).:lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks