• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NorCal M1008 Fan

combat jump

Greetings, All, from San Jose, California

I in the Army I was with 2/75 as an 11B3V. Did a few other things, and am now in tech.

I guess I didn't get enough of the smell of old canvas and diesel fumes, so I am looking for an M1008 or M1028 as a daily driver.

I have been reading the boards and have already found a lot of good info here.

Regards,

CJ

91W350

Welcome! I have a very nice M1008 and I love the little tank. I have been giving some thought about selling it though as I have the 5 ton addiction running deep. I had a golden opportunity to sell recently, but the way the guy approached me, I popped off a crazy prices return. If I sell it, I know within a year I will be searching for another one. Good luck in your quest and welcome to the site! Glen

ABN173

Sorry for the late welcome, somehow I missed this thread.
I'm a UAV Warrant Officer now but in my previous life I was a 11B3P (5W) with scout plt and LRSD time. Welcome to Steel Soldiers! Currently I'm North of you at FT Lewis (1st SFG (A) ) If you ever need me to screen any GL stuff up here just let me know. BTW here is my M1008 door:

Attachments

Last edited:

combat jump

Thanks, all, for the welcome! I've been doing a lot of reading, and learning here on these boards. I've also had the pleasure of meeting Cucvfreek in person. He has done some impressive work on his M1008.

ABN173, Ft. Lewis is my old stomping grounds. I was there for a ranger reunion a few years ago. Thanks for the offer to help screen GL.

ABN173

No problem, look me up next time your here and we can trade stories over a beer (or more than one as it turns out most of time).

-Dale