• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NorCal owners

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm good with a drive in and meet. There are several weekly meets and greets in my area. Winters car show and Vacaville has a couple weekly car shows and coffee meets and greets.

locrwln

For the NorCal owners, we are interested in checking one out and seeing if my 5'1" tall wife "fits" in one well enough to drive it. Like others, we are interested in making it into an expedition type vehicle and would like to check them out in person before we pull the trigger on one. Is there any owner(s) that would be interested in letting us check their 1078 out, maybe even take it for a short drive?

I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,

Jack

Anthonyca

I am really interested also as I really want to build an expedition camper. I was in the ARMY but my unit didn't have any so I haven't driven or worked on the LMTV.

locrwln

I am in Santa Rosa. If you guys decide on a NoCal meet, would you mind adding me along with my little M151 to your list?

Brett
I sent a PM to cybindustries to see if this Sunday would work for a meet-up. I haven't heard back yet, but hopefully we can get something set up.

Jack

lmtvjunky

I'm also in the Sacramento area and would like to meet up, I have 8 trucks now and am working on a line of overland aftermarket parts, I would love to talk concepts and ideas of what people need, let's meet up!

locrwln

I'm also in the Sacramento area and would like to meet up, I have 8 trucks now and am working on a line of overland aftermarket parts, I would love to talk concepts and ideas of what people need, let's meet up!
I am going to meet cbindustries at his house on Sunday, but I would love to see your set up and talk parts/concepts. Maybe we can set up a formal meet up for everyone.

Jack

placerman

I'm in Sacramento as well. Hit me up if you'd like to meet. I just have an M35A2 but I have friends that fabricate all kinds of stuff from wood to aerospace parts for a living.

locrwln

I'm in Sacramento as well. Hit me up if you'd like to meet. I just have an M35A2 but I have friends that fabricate all kinds of stuff from wood to aerospace parts for a living.
I really appreciate the offer. I will do that and having friends like that is an awesome resource. I'm the kind of guy who no matter how many times I cut a board, it's still too short. As far as fabrication; a grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't...

Jack

Another Ahab

I really appreciate the offer. I will do that and having friends like that is an awesome resource. I'm the kind of guy who no matter how many times I cut a board, it's still too short. As far as fabrication; a grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't...

Jack
You're not alone, don't let it get to you.

measure_twice_cut_once_t_shirt-r882e6f1a9dad4d7592f710a6c51c4d27_jg4dk_630.jpg

coachgeo

Been there Bent that on the board always to short thing... ontop of that proud to say I am mechanically inclined as well.. as in I screw up everything.aua

locrwln

You're not alone, don't let it get to you.

View attachment 655040
Oh don't worry. After remodeling two houses and building around eight different off-road trucks/jeeps, I don't sweat it. Just poking a little fun at myself.;)

Been there Bent that on the board always to short thing... ontop of that proud to say I am mechanically inclined as well.. as in I screw up everything.aua
Good to know that I am in good company. :grd:

Jack

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks