• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

North Carolina MV RALLY April 6th, 7th,& 8th 2012

MDSA

TN and WNC CONVOY:

Seems like a good time to touch base about Friday. AMGeneral and I are planning to be at Exit #116 by 7:00 am Friday morning. We will already be fueled and ready to go. Dan has called and is planning to drive from Asheville to exit 116.

We will be looking for Allen and Dwight as well.

CAUTION is suggested using the offramp at 116; it is short and sharp, very sharp turn.

Have yet to get any info from others who might be joining the convoy along the way. WE MUST GET SOME CONFIRMATIONS OR WE WILL NOT BE STOPPING. Won't know where to stop.

I am so ready for this Rally!!

kc4wd

Anyone else loaded and ready? Setting up the Camper thursday am. and then bringing the Deuce in the afternoon. Just 2 more days at work! :)

DSCN0906.jpgDSCN0904.jpg

CGarbee

The MKT is hitched to the XM813 and everything is PM'ed... Just got to make the food run on Wednesday night and visit the office on Thursday before I can head down.

CGarbee

Allen I wandering what that ment also.I never went camping and built a underground fire.
Most likely, they don't want you to dig a fire pit...

Back home in VA we have a large field that we use for the VA Rally (Labor Day Weekend), a bluegrass festival (Thurs-Sat after Memorial Day) and for horse trailer parking (lots of folks like to ride the trails on the farm and the park next door). We restrict campfires to rings that can be removed/portable fire pits. Fires made in pits/rock fire rings (that are not removed) are hard on the mower... :)

CGarbee

OK, just a reminder:

Friday:
B: eggs (most likely scrambled, but I can do fried or other options...), bacon, grits
L: Hamburgers, salad, chips (lettuce, onion, tomato, cheese, etc.
S: Chicken and rice with veggies.

Saturday
B: eggs, sausage, oatmeal
L: hotdogs, salad, chips
S: Convoy to town for buffet... Meal is not included in this plan...

Sunday
B: eggs, bacon, pancakes
L. grilled chicken breast, pasta salad, chips (stuff so you can make your chicken into a sandwich...lettuce, onion, tomato, cheese, etc.)
s: linguini with two or three sauces depending on if we have any BBQ left over (a marinara, a tomato/beef, and perhaps a spicy pork version...), salad, garlic bread

I can do the above for $30 a head.

Obviously, I'll also toss in tea, coffee, and lemonade. Other drinks are on your own...

Last edited:

CGarbee

Folks who have signed up for FOOD. Contact me if you need to be added (or deleted... ).

wilfreeman (4)
SCSG-G4 (1)
Stampy (3)
tgtaylor64 and iroc99 (combined total 4 adults/6 kids)
ranger.41 (1)
100acrehuphalump (1)
surplusmike (1)
neilhendrix (1 perhaps 1 extra)
ferroequinologist (1)
michigandon (1)
stevehendrix (1)
amgeneral (1)

Possible (not confirmed)
kaiser715 (2)

I tend to have some extras (so 17legion come see me if the youngster is hungry), but if you want to be assured of a spot at the MKT...contact me before Wednesday afternoon.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

kc4wd

And for the convoy........I have reserved for 40. If your going to go I can add a few more but, I need to know your going so I can let The folks at Golden Corral know. They are bringing extra help just for us. Thanks KC

Here is the updated list with the cancelations so far
kc4wd.............................4..... Deuce
allenhillview....................3 .....1008
17 Legion........................2..... Hmmwv
surplus mike....................2..... Deuce
just weldit.......................4 .....Deuce & Suburban
neilhendrix......................1.....Deuce ?
100acrehuphalump.........2 .....1008
Steve Hendricks..............2 .....5 ton
Ferroequinologist ...........2....M1008
Stampy............................3.....Deuce
vinny-socom1..................1.....1009
rbeasley..........................1.....1009
onegmjack.......................3......Deuce
ChevyC60........................2.....MUTT
Jim Henry.........................4.....Deuce & Hmmwv
ranger.41.........................1.....M37
CGarbee...........................1.....passenger
michiganDon.....................1.....passenger
CJ9/Granny.......................2.....Passengers
Thats 41 at this point I'll call tomorrow and up the reservations just in case.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks