• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

North Carolina MV RALLY April 6th, 7th,& 8th 2012

big hoss

i have one that works just pops out of 5th gear. if you want to put it in to make the rally, its at kevins house
Mine makes a real bad squeeling noise in 2nd and 3rd when you let off the throttle. i have to change my main shaft and syncros. If i wanted to i could drive it but im afrade of the tow bill if something bad happens.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M109 or XM818 or M915. I haven't decided what we are bringing.

Does anyone know if there will be an issue coming after dark? We have to leave after Angie gets home at 6, so we won't get there until 9 friday night.

I saw on the camping form (even though it says for the threshers reunion) no entry after dark.

Will we have to camp out on the road until daylight?

Last edited:

CGarbee

Mine makes a real bad squeeling noise in 2nd and 3rd when you let off the throttle. i have to change my main shaft and syncros. If i wanted to i could drive it but im afrade of the tow bill if something bad happens.
That's why I travel with a tow bar... :)
If you want to run down with it like it is, I can get you down/back even if you break down...

MDSA

Can anyone verify the campfire arrangements since above ground fire is a bit vague??

No fire pit I can live with, but if it has to be up then I will plan an above ground apparatus in case my fire needs to be suspended from the trees.

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
I`ve got at least one truck wheel to build a fire in. there may be more wheels . OK UPDATE: Just called Denton and they said a fire ring or some device to contain the fire. Truck wheels would work fine but we need to bring them. I have 1 maybe 2 and adam is bringing 1 also.

Last edited:

surplus mike

Can anyone verify the campfire arrangements since above ground fire is a bit vague??

No fire pit I can live with, but if it has to be up then I will plan an above ground apparatus in case my fire needs to be suspended from the trees.
i camp everywhere around here and normally "above ground" means in a fire ring , or wheel ,or something to where the burning wood is not actually touching the ground.

vinny-socom1

Forecast looks like rain on Thursday & Friday, how many are going to be there on Thursday? We plan on heading up early that morning and arriving around 3-4pm.

Vinny

tgtaylor64

How about rocks/stones that can ring around the fire? If the fire needs to be up off the ground, can we build it on stones or can the fire logs sit on the ground, surrounded by stones? I have a truck bed full of wood and stones. I want to make sure this is ok before I go to the effort....

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
I will have 4 extra truck wheels / without centers for ppl to use but keep in mind 1 or 2 fires that ppl can sit around and mingle/BS /get to know one another is usually a good idea.

You may need some wood and thats all .. talked to the folks at Denton yesterday and they just don`t want to mess up the grass to much of fires to get out of hand.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks