• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

North Dakota won't except SF-97

cr4x4cruiser

Just a thought...

It would not hurt to get your - various - elected officials involved. When I purchased my fire truck I encountered one amazing state employee, of the female dog variety. The truck was bought out of Pennsylvania, then taken to New York - where I (a licensed driver/ resident from California) attempted to register it.

Spoke with the DMV employees at one office, who indicated they were mainly concerned with proof of insurance. Made the mistake of going to another DMV office (to save time). The clerk was not familiar with the paperwork, and proceeded to ask another employee...

"NO!, You can't do that!"... Was the reply - without her ever looking at the paperwork. 'But'... "NO!, Podunk City wanted to register a firetruck - and they couldn't do it!"... Neither can you."

'I'm sorry, but did someone (urinate) in your Wheaties this morning? By the way, what is your name, and who are you?'

"My name is Betty, and I'm the Supervisor in this office - for over 20 years... Who are you?"

Without missing a beat, I grabbed the paperwork, and backed out of there, telling her it was none of her business. Then, I went to the County Clerk's Office (which actually operates all DMV offices in NYS). Met (in person) with the actual County Clerk, who told me he got a call from this woman.

He informed me had zero control over their personal actions, since they were state employees... But, he took me to his personal DMV employee. A salty broad if you ever met one... The kind that must have smoked two packs a day all of her life.

This woman knew DMV like the back of her hand - and had my paperwork and plates in my hands within ten minutes!

Plenty of public servants actually believe they have some kind of magical power over we (the taxpayers). Elected officials are also public servants. More times than not common sense needs to be handed to them on a silver platter. Hopefully, you can find a solution to something that does not require rocket science to resolve.

Good luck in your adventures with the truly stupid and pathetic...

- Wm.

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think i will quit bidding on trailers at these auctions and just pay a couple of hundred extra to buy it from a private party. The EUC and SF-97 and the commission charge and the wait for the EUC and the inspection and........

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks