• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

North east dealers

Cowboy_Customs

Hi all, I am new here, I am looking for any other surplus dealers in the north east area. I am trying to find a 5ton tractor for as cheap as possible (arnt we all?) I have only found 1 in the local area to me, and its a decent price I think at 7500 bucks? But just doing some shopping. Any help is appreciated!

JeepMan

Hi all, I am new here, I am looking for any other surplus dealers in the north east area. I am trying to find a 5ton tractor for as cheap as possible (arnt we all?) I have only found 1 in the local area to me, and its a decent price I think at 7500 bucks? But just doing some shopping. Any help is appreciated!

Kublos Surplus in the Silver Lakew area of Pa.
Schotts in Maine (state of)

YankeeDuece

Shoot you're in my backyard. I hate running 88. Lucky you're on the low end. Next week I have to run it all the way to the other end. Was a much better road some time ago. Anyways.

Westy, if you are running a large diesel truck don't plan to stop for fuel at the cheap truckstop at Exit 25? off I-88(Rotterdam, just before I-90) . Closed for tank replacements.

patch

Hey guys - last time I was at Schotts was 6-7 years ago so my info may be a bit dated but...here's what I got from several visits-
overpriced for what you get
General attitude was- I wont say rude, but indifferent toward buyers
Not interested in selling parts, just whole trucks
Deuce inventory was very limited (like maybe 4 when I visited, and 1 of those was definitely a parts truck!)
Probably has a hundred or more 5tons, mostly M925 I think
And no, I didn't get my truck there, nor would I buy from them.
Having said that, Cdub on SS did buy a 5ton from them, try a search on this site for his writeup on that experience.
This is just my 2 cents, as always your mileage may vary. And again this was a few years ago, maybe the management has changed since then.... It IS a cool place to visit, but don't expect a warm welcome. Good luck