• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

North Rim / Arizona Strip 244 Miles of Remote Primitive Dirt Roads & Trails

Just finished a 4 day trip with my M923A2 on the AZ strip (north rim Grand Canyon / Utah border). 244 dusty primitive dirt road miles. No problems, the big green beast ran like a top...
c1.jpg
Remote country

c5.jpg
c4.jpg
A couple of our camp sites

c6.jpg
Cargo area doubled as a "tent". We also hauled two ATV's and gear.

c3.jpg

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Did you happen to get any pictures of the canyon itself to post on here? You've really got me intrigued and mind spinning about this.

Carnac,

Here are some pictures from the North Rim of the Grand Canyon taken from the Ranger Station / Lodge lookout (South of Jacobs lake, AZ).. Not sure of what you are considering, but the north rim / Kaibab National Forest is beautiful remote country. I hunt, camp, and ATV the area several times a year. If you are considering a camp trip, the huge forested area between Jacobs Lake and the Grand Canyon Park Entrance has 100s of miles of dirts roads and trails, you can virtually camp anywhere you like in the Pondarosa pines or aspens...

100_0199x.jpg
North Rim of Grand Canyon

100_0204x.jpg

P1010003x.jpg
Typical camping spot about 5 miles south of Jacobs lake

IMG_20140804_122925849.jpg

Trailboss,

Here's a better look at them... Safety Note - Always chain them to your tailgate hinge so as they are securely attached...my torquey 700cc ATV tried to spit the ramps out the back as the front wheels came in contact with the cargo bed and only the rear wheels where on the ramp going up.. I anticipated this and chained them in, and had no problems loading or unloading..

Edit Add: they fold in the middle for easy storage..

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I'd say chaining them is definitely a good idea. Having an accident 100 miles from help would be, to say at the least, highly disconcerting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks