• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Northeast Ohio to Central Illinois - Week of Apr. 10th

Tplane37

As can be seen in one of my other threads, I'm going to be back in Ohio by March 21. This thread is for the return trip, I will be deleting my old threads once each trip is complete to keep from taking up unnecessary space on the SS server.

I will be departing from Ohio after Apr. 10th, most likely the weekend after.

I will be leaving from Northeast Ohio with my '85 Crew Cab diesel dually. The flat bed is 9' long, 7'8" wide, I can go as much as 8'6" wide, depending on what is loaded (stake sides are removable for loading pallets). I do have a gooseneck hitch and a 2" receiver hitch on the truck as well.

I can pull my trailer of needed, but I'm not towing it out empty. So if any one has anything such as a M1008/1009 or a trailer that will fit on mine, let me know before I leave Illinois via my other thread for the trip out, or I will likely leave the trailer at home (tows great loaded, but beats me up empty). The trailer is a lowboy. It is 8'3" between the tires on the tandems. I can fit an extended cab dually on the deck with my secondary stops in place, but if needed, I can pull my secondary wheel stops an haul a crew cab dually. My tires are rated for over 12,000 lbs gross weight, but I prefer to keep the gross around 8-9k (trailer is 1,681 unladen). I can also fit a standard pallet on the tongue depending on what else I am hauling. The trailer is set up so that I can put 2 1/2 sheets of 4x8 plywood down the center rails if I need a solid floor for whatever reason.

I will be traveling 30 to 70 in Ohio, then to 74 in Indiana after I shot the hoop through Indy, then to 57 to 72 in Illinois. If I stay within 5-10 miles of my route, I'll charge $0.75 per loaded mile. Over 10 miles off this route, then your looking at $1.50 per loaded mile that I am off my route.

I am negotiable and willing to barter as well.

EDIT: Some possible trades/barter for hauling: WMO/WVO processing, filtration, pumping/transfer equipment, centrifuge. Particularly looking for a 12V transfer pump at the moment, and for spin-on filter housings for setup and to convert my truck over to a spin on filter/water separator. Also looking for fuel-oil burner and pyrometers for pyrolysis setup (I'm experimenting! :jumpin:). These items do not have to be "off-the-shelf" items, they can be homemade contraptions as long as they work for the intended purposes.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tplane37

Tentative load from Cincinnati, Ohio area to Effingham, Illinois. If this load confirms, the flat bed will be full (space and weight). I will update when this confirms our cancels.

There is still time to schedule my trailer though. No one has asked me to bring it with me from Illinois yet, so it's still empty.

Tplane37

Tentative load from Cincinnati, Ohio area to Effingham, Illinois. If this load confirms, the flat bed will be full (space and weight). I will update when this confirms our cancels.

There is still time to schedule my trailer though. No one has asked me to bring it with me from Illinois yet, so it's still empty.
Load canceled due to member's location for work related issues, to be rescheduled if possible for a later trip.

Flat bed empty. Loaded trailer. The load on the trailer is mine personally and can be rescheduled if someone needs a haul. I have more trips back and forth between Illinois and Ohio this summer, so I can move my vehicles and equipment later if needed.

Estimated date of departure from Ohio to Illinois, April 14, 2013. Flexible in scheduling, but will not be departing prior to April 10th.

***Also, I have an appointment in Columbus, Ohio on March 28, 2013. So I will be traveling from Orrville, Ohio (near Akron), to Columbus, and back to Orrville on the 28th.***

Last edited:

Tplane37

Postponed, possibly until after June 10. If you have a load needing to go somewhere from Northeast Ohio... Let me know, and we can work something out. Schedule is all over the place, won't go into details, but we can make it up as we go along on a case by case basis.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks