• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Northern Illinois "get together"

BMS07

Just washed the mule and got the wrecker ready to go. Just need to hook up the 105 trailer and load the mule. Leaveing about 6:00 am on saturday. Looking forward to the trip. Thanks Brad

boomer

O.K., By now some of you are back. Let's see some photo's, for those who went to knob creek, and others who could not make it. Maybe this will be an incentive, if there is one next year- -

50shooter

Boomer, the Civil War guys are there but no MV's. We had about 7 members come down and 4 trucks with a 5th having had mechanical issues on the way. The weather was terrible with snow falling in the morning. Way to early for that bs. Some of the guys packed up to go recover the broke down truck and the others took off for home as well. Several other guys were planning on coming but I didn't see them. They may have had something come up or decided to drive in today.

It is a nice place and text year in May they should be putting on a better deal. This was the first ever and they had some learing to do.

Thanks

chgofiveo

Boomer, the Civil War guys are there but no MV's. We had about 7 members come down and 4 trucks with a 5th having had mechanical issues on the way. The weather was terrible with snow falling in the morning. Way to early for that bs. Some of the guys packed up to go recover the broke down truck and the others took off for home as well. Several other guys were planning on coming but I didn't see them. They may have had something come up or decided to drive in today.

It is a nice place and text year in May they should be putting on a better deal. This was the first ever and they had some learing to do.

Thanks
I thought it was a great facility and would love to see more of it...I would have stuck around if the weather was better, but what can you do... It was nice to meet and a few (new) friends from SS and plan on hitting a few meets in the future. Im sure this meet will be better next year. August is always better than October!

Here are a few Civil War Pics...

Attachments

boomer

Hi Jason,
Just getting back to you, as somehow I didn't get your reply, when you answered. That snow really messed everything up. Seven members-that's a start. Were they all from the Chicagoland group, the Rockford group, or just regular MVPA members? On that note, you should list with their events as well. Ever think of having a convoy?:wink:

50shooter

The guys came in from WI, Chicagoland, Florida via Iowa and IL. That is a great idea about letting the other organizations know about it for next year. I didn't know Rockford had a MV group. A convoy would be cool.

boomer

Hi Jason,
No problem. As I recall, they hook up and/or belong with the guys from the Chicagoland group. They are a nice club, and always inviting me to their events. One of these days I will make one, but I have been busy this year. I hardly had any of my m v's out this year.
I think the guy from Fl. is a member of that club too. It would make sense. With that said, you should be in contact with them, having one of them make it out to your event. If not, you should get in touch with them. If you need to get a hold of them, let me know. I have the e mail, just not right now.

chgofiveo

Chicagoland Group??????

Hi Jason,
No problem. As I recall, they hook up and/or belong with the guys from the Chicagoland group. They are a nice club, and always inviting me to their events. One of these days I will make one, but I have been busy this year. I hardly had any of my m v's out this year.
I think the guy from Fl. is a member of that club too. It would make sense. With that said, you should be in contact with them, having one of them make it out to your event. If not, you should get in touch with them. If you need to get a hold of them, let me know. I have the e mail, just not right now.
Hey Boomer...........
Whats this Chicagoland Group? Im from chicago and I dont know Sh#&
Help a brother out!!
Im interested!

6x6guy

Jason, When a group of us who live in the nothern Illinois area that where at Knob Creek in the mud and slide camping area, had really wanted to attend the closer venue, but we still had one heck of a good time any way ( this time we almost got kicked out only once - two or more times are more like our average). Is there any chance on the next time around to keep it away from the Iola, spring and fall Knob Creek festivities. Thanks John.

Attachments

Last edited: