• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nortwest Houston area folks or anyone around Houston

anjay22

Hello fellow MVers! I have noticed there are a bunch of folks near Houston. Why is everything always happening in GA and why cant we do something near our hometown? Lets bang our heads together and get together sometime! roflroflrofl

Barrman

We have had 4 gatherings in College Station over the last 2 years. That is only 60 miles from you. Interest fell away and we only had a few at our last event in March. There will probably be something on the weekend of the BMJP show the 3rd weekend of March next year. It just hasn't been planned yet.

There have been several attempts at a beach run on Galveston, but again, not much interest or attendance.

Go to the museum on Wallaceville road. They always seem to have something going on.

Or, check out the LSMVPA web site. We have a parade or show every weekend it seems. Some not that far from you.

anjay22

Wreckerman, I would love to go to GA just to meet you guys! I just don't have the funds to travel that far. Barrman, I was at the March event. My family and I thoroughly enjoyed and want and will be at the next event which should be soon when it gets cooler! Galveston would be great and we could caravan there! It just sucks that there are so many folks in this area that they dont want to do anything!

bulldawg

I totally agree that we need more seat time in our OD Green (or other color) machines. I own a Pinzgauer 712 (6x6) and love to go offroading. If you promise to not run over my little Pinz then I would be interested.

Jim Baytown, tx

two.fiveM35

I think some kind of get together would be fun. Maybe even lunch and a convoy or something.
Here is a list of guys that I can remember live in the Houston area and west and north.

Nofearnohope
runk
OL AG '89
Barrman
Jimbo 442
niferous
CanonNinja
txdodge43man
fuzzytoaster

two.fiveM35

I think some kind of get together would be fun. Maybe even lunch and a convoy or something.
Here is a list of guys that I can remember live in the Houston area and west and north.

Nofearnohope
runk
OL AG '89
Barrman
Jimbo 442
niferous
CanonNinja
txdodge43man
fuzzytoaster

txdodge43man

I think a one day event like a lunch would be great. Its not that people dont want to get together. iTs that many people just don't have the time to spare a whole weekend. I think for the houston area folks a lunch or a one day hang out would probably get more people. just my 2cents

Barrman

Sorry about not remembering your face, name and username. It was nice to meet you back in March. I just wish I could remember names better.

anjay22

Its ok Barrman. I try to stay low and to myself for obvious reasons. A lunch sounds super awesome so let's do it! Recommendations please! We can have various destination points and convoy from those areas. :-D

zout

If any of ya Texas fellas cannot figure out how to hold a gathering - I know at least someone around San Antonio has my cell # to advise you all - or even if the temptation is good enough - come out that with hands on and assist.

But somehow I just know Texans are just figuring out how to make it the largest thing on the planet earth - just get something started and it will all work out from ideas.

Give US Georgia fellas something enticing to bring us to Texas for :driver:

Otherwise - you know where to find us as we are to the right of you on the map - and follow the thrills - whistle - smoke and you will locate in Oct the best rally on the planet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks