• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NOS USMC M1028 from Norway Storage

sandcobra164

******Update *******

The Feds are allowing him to keep the truck.Read the end of the thread

Ok, time for me to enter this arena correctly. I just picked up a M1028 from MCLB Albany that had been stored in a cave in Norway from July of 1987 to July of 2009. I watched this truck come to the base and was in awe. Someone who works on the base bought the truck at auction, had the shelter pulled off and simply put about 300 miles on it just driving around the storage lots over the past year or so. I talked to him about buying it and he told me he'd take what he paid at auction so without further ado, let's introduce my $2,500 NOS M1028.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

sandcobra164

A few more for the masses. The truck drives great. Now we need to save up for an 8" lift and some 37X12.50 HMMWV tires!!!

Attachments

rnd-motorsports

Mine had the decomision papers in the glove box! decomisioned in july 92 for tail light short fuse burnt in fuse box do not operate. they pulled all the light out. I replaced the headlight swicth all the bulbs and have not had a problem NICE TRUCK !!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Want to double your money, fast?

K9Vic

your kidding about the lift and HMMWV tires right?
:ditto:

Please tell us are not really going to molest that original CUCV aua, you can sell that for way more then double that buy price. Then get another one for the same price that is not a museum piece to lift it. That trucks really belongs in a military museum as everything is original. Do you not recall the two M1010 from GL earlier this year that were almost brand new sold for like $10k+ (do not recall the exact number).

citizensoldier

Wow! and double Wow! The only other CUCV I have ever seen that was that nice came from a underground climate controlled missile base in Colorado or Utah somewhere..It had never seen sun light its entire life. That is a very good price too!

sandcobra164

The lift will be done with the utmost care, ie springs and pitman arm, etc. and I'll retain all the original parts. I bought the truck for my wife who wants a good vehicle to hit the trails with at Durhamtown next year. It will be babied and kept in very good shape, not abused. I spoke with the truck earlier about the museum idea and he made it clear that since he'd spent 23 years in a cave, he'd like to enjoy life outdoors for a little while now.:driver:

shootiniron

I gota wonder what else is in storage in that cave in Norway.I know that there are weapons in places like that.When I was overseas the M249 that I was issued came from Strategic Stores,maybe the same cave!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck! You would be well served not to follow Gimpster or myself at the GA rally of you favor straight sheet metal. I'd hate to see it lifted but it is your truck. I might bring my Oh-8 back next year. Does anyone know if that is a standard location and install for a pioneer tool rack? Is it an MWO? I like that but don't know if I want to replace my MAXX tool.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Joe, you are living proof that good things happen to good troops!!!:beer:

Now...if you molest that beauty in any way (and I don't even like CUCVs) you will never drive "Proud American" again!!!

JUST KIDDING:lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks