• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NOS Water Fording Kit

Polarfire

Hello! New to the site and I'm still finding my way around. I originally posted this in the "Conversations" area but I believe it is better suited here. I have a NOS Water Fording Kit that I was going to adapt to a Jeep project but I never did. I bought it years ago and it has been in storage ever since. I'm trying to get an idea of what these usually sell for (a price range would be great). I've tried searching and I can't really find any info. The only piece I'm missing is part #5 "NUT", all other parts are in NOS condition in their original packaging. Feel free to PM me if that works better for you. Thanks for any info!

Attachments

dkeven

I can understand not wanting to undervalue an item but rather than using the whatever the market will bear tactic why not price it according to what you feel you need to make on it. If you want top dollar advertise it on Ebay. Several here do and seem to get more there than like items can be bought for with a little searching.

Polarfire

Thanks for all the interest! I've had several PM's to buy but no real info on a value. I've decided to list the kit on Ebay and let the market determine the price. It's hard to get an idea of the worth of something that is apparantly pretty rare exspecially in NOS condtion. I'm not a military vehicle person so I'm not very interested in replicating the kit. Thanks for all the info and feel free to ask any questions about the kit or look up the auction on Ebay.

3dAngus

I KNEW you were just using this site to advertise. Anyone who won't even entertain an offer, then turn around and put it on ebay with a reserve price, is advertising, where you already know what the minimum is you'll take for it.
Two different threads started here in one day.
Just a tease here guys.

Polarfire

I KNEW you were just using this site to advertise. Anyone who won't even entertain an offer, then turn around and put it on ebay with a reserve price, is advertising, where you already know what the minimum is you'll take for it.
Two different threads started here in one day.
Just a tease here guys.
Not at all. I was trying to use this site to get an idea of what I had and the value. I don't just throw things up on Ebay without doing a bit of research. Thanks to some of the members here I was able to determine what vehicles this was ment for and that these are somewhat rare and not a common item that isn't worth much. I really had no idea and no one has given me an idea of worth. There have been a few offers but how am I supposed to know if I'm being lowballed or being offered a fair price? I don't have a clue. In my mind Ebay is a fair way to get what the item is worth in the open market. Don't take it personal that I didn't take the first offer that came my way.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ebay does not represent fair market value. Ebay is ridiculous and inconsistent.

Do you own any Military Vehicles?

Polarfire

Ebay does not represent fair market value. Ebay is ridiculous and inconsistent.

Do you own any Military Vehicles?
I beg to differ. Just because you have other avenues to find parts at lower prices dosen't mean Ebay is invalid. The inconsistentices with Ebay are due to the fact that it is a true snapshot of the value of any one item at that very moment in time. The value of something is only what someone is willing to pay for it.

I've owned many vehicles, mostly Jeeps, however the only true military vehicle I've had was a 1956 M38A1.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your interested in buying at "ebay prices" , everything I own is for sale(even my dog).

If your interested in selling at "ebay prices", this is Steel Soldiers, not ebay.

We do have a free classifieds section for contributing members to sell their military vehicle items.

One of the rules you just agreed to was, not to sell in the forums. The way I read your only 2 posts , you wanted to know the value(apparently the ebay value) and then make it known it's for sale.

Good luck

Last edited:

Polarfire

If your interested in buying at "ebay prices" , everything I own is for sale(even my dog).

If your interested in selling at "ebay prices", this is Steel Soldiers, not ebay.

We do have a free classifieds section for contributing members to sell their military vehicle items.

One of the rules you just agreed to was, not to sell in the classifieds. The way I read your only 2 posts , you wanted to know the value(apparently the ebay value) and then make it known it's for sale.

Good luck
I was not just looking for the value, I was looking for the application and the availablility of these as well. I didn't post anything "for sale" here, but I thought the courteous thing to do was notify those that did help me and were interested in buying it, that it was for sale elsewhere.

tm america

whether you are into mv's or not i think everyone is into money and if you could help people out at the same time why not...there is alot of interest in a nos kit so it could be duplicated and sold to the masses..i think it would be silly to put it on ebay..why pay to list it and sell it in a buyers market?If one kit could get you x amount of money if you made several kits you could sell them a little cheaper and make alot more money and help more people:wink:but last i checked they go for like 50 bucks ...i would give you 75 if you throw in the shipping

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One just sold on Barrett Jackson, for $110,000! :beer:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
whether you are into mv's or not i think everyone is into money and if you could help people out at the same time why not...there is alot of interest in a nos kit so it could be duplicated and sold to the masses..i think it would be silly to put it on ebay..why pay to list it and sell it in a buyers market?If one kit could get you x amount of money if you made several kits you could sell them a little cheaper and make alot more money and help more people:wink:but last i checked they go for like 50 bucks ...i would give you 75 if you throw in the shipping
75 is too much. I value it at 55 shipped to my door. Where do I send the $$$$ ?

You wanted pricing info, I gave it, now box it up and send me your Paypal addy.

tm america

last i checked there was a lot of 1500 nos fording kits goin up on gl ...you better sell it quick to one of your offers on here before you miss your chance and the 1500 kits hit the market and drop the value even lower?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks