• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NOS Water Fording Kit

3dAngus

I'll pay you if you don't.

This need be locked up as "Classified, Top Secret, NOFORN"

Might create an International Incident!

PaulbusMax

Back to the gold plated fording kit....how many folks would actually use it if they had it? Don't get me wrong, i'd want one too, even if i had no plans to use it. Just a cool accessory.

3dAngus

If I could afford to buy it, I would just loan it out to someone much more knowledgeable than I, who would inventory it, and put together some low cost kits for all. (Hopefully)

Not sure what low cost means, in this case. But I would like to see it replicated.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would have been nice if the OP was interested in helping us(like we did him). A parts list and pictures of components would have helped a lot of us.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe Bjorn (Cranetruck) has the closest example of a homebrew deep water fording kit. I know I've seen a thread (or threads) about it.

I just like the presurizing the axles. I really want to do that part.

Oh, and Ace, I was talking about his mental state.

Unfortunatly DH, he may never look at this thread again, having gotten what he wanted from us. Or he could be looking, just to see what we say about him. I would love to see everything it's supposed to come with. He might tell me I can- if I'm the high bidder.

Last edited:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And probably the highest most labor intensive maintence kit of all time, once used.
Amen to that...
A couple of images from way back and because of the "after fording maintenance", it will be a while before I do it again.
The biggest problem wasn't even related to the average deuce, the cap of the hydraulic tank was loose and let water into it...a PITA to get rid of...

Attachments

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If enough people sign up tp pitch in 20 bucks or so we could ALL own it and learn from it.

54reo

If enough people sign up tp pitch in 20 bucks or so we could ALL own it and learn from it.
Really?

Why not just look it up in the TM?

As Ferro mentioned, the install of Bjorn's is documented here. As I recall, his was (as usual with everything he does) very well done and well thought out.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Really?

Why not just look it up in the TM?

As Ferro mentioned, the install of Bjorn's is documented here. As I recall, his was (as usual with everything he does) very well done and well thought out.
Yeah - REALLY.

Why didn't the other 5 pages of posters think about just looking it up in the TM? Does the TM go into enough detail to fab up each part for a perfect copy?

I don't think anyone is looking for a functioning gonna use it fording system, I think they want another rare option for their trucks.

Chit, maybe I'll buy it just to leave the seller bad feedback.

dkeven

I guess my suggestion to sell it for what you thought was fair or sell it on ebay was out of line, imho I have not seen any deals here for members and have seen, a little pricey stuff on ebay from these members. My thoughts were if someone bought it here it would be in the classified at a markup later as a lot of GL stuff appears to end up. You all seemed a little hard on the guy for doing what many here appear to do on a regular basis.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can figure it out from the TM. The biggest problem will be getting the correct hoses, they are a little different. The one valve p/n 45S might be hard otherwise it's pretty simple. Making the four straps might be a PITA but can be done. Most of the stuff people think is in a fording kit isn't done on the later multifuels (like pressurizing the axles etc...

54reo

I don't think anyone is looking for a functioning gonna use it fording system, I think they want another rare option for their trucks.
So no one is looking for it to be fully functioning? Just installed for looks, or to sit in the garage?

I don't get it.

54reo

You can figure it out from the TM. The biggest problem will be getting the correct hoses, they are a little different. The one valve p/n 45S might be hard otherwise it's pretty simple. Making the four straps might be a PITA but can be done. Most of the stuff people think is in a fording kit isn't done on the later multifuels (like pressurizing the axles etc...
ditto

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You all seemed a little hard on the guy for doing what many here appear to do on a regular basis.
I am guessing it's because many feel he only came here to advertise his ebay sale (which is against the rules) but he had not listed it when he asked about it so he kind of skirted the rules. I for one offered $200 for it (never even got a no thanks reply) just to get the four brackets and one valve I need.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So no one is looking for it to be fully functioning? Just installed for looks, or to sit in the garage?

I don't get it.

Well gee, I was only guessing since their seemed to be a lot of interest in getting this "rare" kit and copying it. Maybe you missed those posts.

So based on that I suggested those who really want to see it and copy it could kick in a buy the d amn thing.

Just an idea/suggestion.

People have them sometimes. Sorry to be out of line.

What's it up to? I still wanna buy it just to give the douche bad feedback.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks