• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not charging after got water on engine

I got antifreeze all over the engine when draining the coolant, (blew air into block drain ).Long story short i hosed the engine down with water to rinse off the coolant.. now it doesn't charge...Im not to familiar with this sort of charging system..it was charging fine before i hosed it down.. It was running when this was done... :cry:

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On mine all connections are watertight and the generator is a sealed unit. Because of that, if all of the connections, etc. are intact and good this should not have happened. You might look for any connections that might not have been tightened securely enough to keep out the water including the cover of the regulator. If you find this to be the case, disconnect it and dry it out.
There is always the chance that good old Murphy is at work here, just a pure coincidence the system quit at the same time you rinsed it down. If you have the point type regulator on the firewall you might try firm but non-destructive taps on it with a hammer to see if you can jar the points in it, getting it working again.
On the elementary but have to ask side, has the anti-freeze and/or water caused your fan belt to slip, does it need tightened or replaced? Antifreeze can be "slippery". The generator pulley is small so the belt has to be right to drive it as it should.
Good luck! Regards Martin

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks