• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not charging.....

RichM882

I appear to be having a problem charging. At about 1500 rpm with no electrical equipment switched on she seems to be running at 12.6 volts. If you turn the headlamps and heater fan on the voltage dips further and it is inadequate to run any high drain electrics efficiently. The alternator looks new as does the remote voltage regulator. Has anybody else had problems???

RichM882

Well checked everything out, made sure everything was grounded out properly, checked circuit through ammeter ( bypassed it ) all to no avail. Disconnected the voltage regulator and full fielded the green terminal on the alternator. Bingo the alternator started charging like a good un. Looks like I need a voltage regulator....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks