• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

not charging

1966NICK

we have an m35a2 (multi fuel) here at the Sheriffs dept and we went to use it and it is not charging. not to certian as to where the voltage reg is located. the gen is putting out . Can anyone help?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check & Clean ALL connections at the following:
1. battery terminals;
2. alternator/generator terminals;
3. ALL Ground Points (Negative cables to Frame, etc.)

Make them shiny metal to shiny metal connections, then retighten hardware.

Hope this helps.

MATT

Internal or external alternator regulator? Is there a large box looking thing on the drivers side firewall(external)?

If the regulator is internal, the small wire on the alternator must have 24v. If it has 0v the rotary switch on the dash is bad/unplugged/etc.

1966NICK

I have checked the gen and it will full field if voltage aplied to it. The small wire from the gen. seems to to be shorted to ground. does that go to said switch on the dash?

MATT

Yes the small wire attached to the alternator's internal regulator receives it voltage from the rotary switch on the dash. Either the switch is bad, disconnected or you have other wiring issues.

FYI- shorted to ground means it has voltage and is touching any ground on the vehicle. If it was shorted to ground you would have burnt wires, I don't think you do... just some terminology edumacation:D

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks