• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NOT FOR RESALE - stamped on a Form 6 - Yes, you can still sell it

kochevnik

Recently as part of another thread there was a discussion as to whether or not the approved Form 6 for importing armor (and other things) stamped as : 'NOT FOR RESALE' meant that you were not allowed to sell your armor after it had been imported.

Instead of guessing, I emailed them. And even during the shutdown, pretty much got an answer in a day or so.

Orig email :

Dear Sir or Madam :

A little less than 2 years ago I filed a Form 6 to import an FV-432 APC. The form was approved (permit # XX-XXXX) , the APC arrived, everything is fine.
However, I have a question about a stamp on the paperwork that we were discussing on a forum - the approved paperwork that I received is stamped by the BATFE as "NOT FOR RESALE" - I would appreciate it if you could clarify for me what the meaning of that stamp is ?

Just to be clear, at the present time I am happy with my purchase and have no intentions of selling - but if, in the future I died or lost my job for some significant period of time, is it going to be illegal for me (or my heirs) to sell this APC ?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
*Kochevnik*

Reply from ATF :

*Kochevnik*, it would not. The purpose of the import was for your personal use and we use the Not For Resale stamp to prevent an importer from reselling the item without obtaining the proper registration that would involve a payment of $250 per year. If in good faith you imported the defense article for your own use and at some point down the road you or your heirs decided to sell it, you would not be in violation, thank you!

Ms. XXXXXXXX
IOI/Industry Liaison
ATF
Firearms and Explosives Services Division
244 Needy Road
Martinsburg, WV 25405

So that answers that.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks