• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not for sale...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GUNBOY1656

You know the multi fuel engines in the not so distant future will be worth their weight in GOLD. Your a smart man not to sell. I may sound off the wall but its my opinion. IGD
How much is 12,000# of gold worth? I have 4 canned engines and 2 trucks!

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
An interesting thread where it comes down to what your personal values in life are and how they measure up to your financial needs and wants. It is a little bit like "don't ever say you can't be bought, just because nobody has made a convincing offer, yet!"

I bought a solid truck for (then) reasonable money, fixed and upgraded it and truly enjoy it.

If
1) someone were to offer me way more than what I have in it, AND
2) I had the chance to turn around and buy an even better truck

then I would likely spring for the offer.

This is, of course, irrelevant to the OP. His values in life rank a truck with a personal connection to his service life higher than the monetary gain that could be had from the transaction.

What's wrong with that? Absolutely nothing.

goldneagle

An interesting thread where it comes down to what your personal values in life are and how they measure up to your financial needs and wants. It is a little bit like "don't ever say you can't be bought, just because nobody has made a convincing offer, yet!"

I bought a solid truck for (then) reasonable money, fixed and upgraded it and truly enjoy it.

If
1) someone were to offer me way more than what I have in it, AND
2) I had the chance to turn around and buy an even better truck

then I would likely spring for the offer.

This is, of course, irrelevant to the OP. His values in life rank a truck with a personal connection to his service life higher than the monetary gain that could be had from the transaction.

What's wrong with that? Absolutely nothing.
I would have swapped out a shifter knob or something like that as a memorabilia and sold the truck.

197thhhc

I can see where you are coming from. If I was able to get a truck from my old unit, I would probably not want to sell it. But so far I have not found one so I will keep buying and selling.

gunboy1656

In a perfect world I would have a couple grand to buy a second truck...just to sell to him so I can make that money. Unless someone wants to sell me a decent truck for 500 and split the cost.

I would have to see if the other guard I work with has the number. They drove off to go look at another truck close by. Maybe I will get a finders fee for that.

gunboy1656

I can see where you are coming from. If I was able to get a truck from my old unit, I would probably not want to sell it. But so far I have not found one so I will keep buying and selling.

One of the mess trucks from my old unit was auctioned off in 2010 and went to a member in Michigan, can't remember his screen name.

mattg2448

Someone offered me 11,500 for mine a couple weeks ago, it had the new paint, winch, heater, canvas, hard top, you know, the whole kit and caboodle. I turned him down, this was my first vehicle, and i love this thing, i have put more time, sweat, and cold hard cash into this truck restoring it and making it up to my standards then i have with anything else.

My truck is something i would love to cherish for a long time, and have it around my kids, and their kids!

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had people ask about buying my truck. I've had it for 32 years. My kids have grown up with it. I've restored it twice (pics below). It's got all the accessories (like any Barbie doll) that you can collect over that period of time. It also allowed me access to a piece of property that was very profitable for the family.

All I do when people insist on buying it is to invite them to examine the receipts for what I've put into it over the years to see what a "reasonable" price would be. This does not include my labor, gas, oil, insurance, etc. Just major expenses (engine rebulid, new transmission, etc)

So far everyone has gotten very pale and quiet. :shock:

We don't even get half way through the receipts. :(

So far my truck is safe. :driver:

I've NEVER shown the file to my wife, and being a wise woman, she doesn't want to see it. [thumbzup]

Attachments

CGarbee

I have a friend who drives the same M37 today that he drove in the early to mid '70's when he as in the MDANG...
I ran into a guy a couple of years ago who had driven my M35A2C while in the USAF in South Carolina... (I sold that truck...).

In both cases, I can see them hanging on to the trucks.

I have a XM708 M37 dumptruck that I am restoring, I also have a M37 with a Cummins in it (my first MV...). Each is special to me, but for the right $$, I could let them go (and, I admit, would likely replace them and start over).

The rest of the vehicles in the yard are nice, but they made enough of each that as long as I come out ahead, then they are on the block... Heck, for the right cash, I'll hitchhike home...

Every situation is a tad different... :)

Kudos to the original poster for knowing his heart... :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks