• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

not getting fuel

1986chevycucvm1008

Hello i have an 1986 m1008 its not getting fuel to the injectors its getting threw the fuel filter but doesn't seem to be going to thw injection pump (that hose is not clogged i already checked) any help or tips would be appreciated. thanks in advane

Drock

If you install ah piece of clear line (temporarily) in place of the small return line coming out, of the top of the Injection pump. You can see if your getting fuel, or air bubbles coming out of the I.P.

1986chevycucvm1008

If you install ah piece of clear line (temporarily) in place of the small return line coming out, of the top of the Injection pump. You can see if your getting fuel, or air bubbles coming out of the I.P.
If i see air bubbles how do i fix that? and if i see fuel what would you suggest i check?

Drock

Well if there's air in the fuel at that point, then you know your problem is upstream from there. If there's no air, then you know the problem is after the Injection pump. This is just a point of reference ,(Like a sight glass) to see what's going on. If you don't see any fuel moving at all, you may have ah clog in the filter block, or a lift pump issue. As (rsh4364) said ah fuel pressure gauge would also be ah big help in pin pointing what the issue is. Have you tried pressurizing the fuel tank with an air hose and ah rag? This can tell you if there's ah leak between the lift pump and the tank. Or if the lift pump isn't working. Just ah coupe ideas, hope this helps, let us know.

1986chevycucvm1008

Ok i checked and no fuel just air. i know I'm getting fuel to the injection pump but it isn't going threw to the engine and once i get it started it has no issue running. i have taken the injection pump cap off a couple times to reveal the shut off solenoid. does that solenoid have to be hooked on to anything or or does it just fit down in the injection pump?

1986chevycucvm1008

I figured out that it was how i was placing the shut off solenoid i got that set up right and the linkage is correct now time to charge the batteries and see what happens