• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not happy with no posts in classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDUKW

The only option I see is to make all post except for the original poster be a anonymous name like a certain auction site did. Only the original poster can see the actual posters name and PM them. That would eliminate people going around the sellers back and let the general public still see info.But on the other hand I don't know anything about the software and what it would take to do thataua and it does not solve the problem of over bumping

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am on board with you Vintage Iron. Since the new classified rules have come into effect I find it much more restrictive to do business and have taken most of mine elsewhere. You are right about saying "a thief is a thief" in regards to those who steal customers. Customer's commentary/input is valuable and I'd like to see that back as well.

I've been waiting for the issue to raise to the top, sales have dropped dramatically and I believe it is directly related to no customer comments; I understand comments bumped the thread, however they helped answer/address tech issue or conerns with fit, form, and function. A lot of my purchases were based on previous comments from other. Hope a fair medium can be reached; the site is still a great source of information.
JC
I don't really see how comments helps to sell other than bringing the ad back up . If people used the feedback system that may help . Just think if CL allowed replies to ads posted. As long as you manage your ad and PM's in a timely fashion it should hurt sales a bit.These are ads not blogs.

klawrence

Now that is a great idea.

The only option I see is to make all post except for the original poster be a anonymous name like a certain auction site did. Only the original poster can see the actual posters name and PM them. That would eliminate people going around the sellers back and let the general public still see info.But on the other hand I don't know anything about the software and what it would take to do thataua and it does not solve the problem of over bumping

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the past members simply misused the classifieds.

We warned everyone repeatedly with no result.

The loss of ability to reply directly resulted from that.

If "business" is lower, I do not think you can clearly show that it is due to the way our classifieds are now.

If your doing "business" as FT mentioned, you should be a vendor(as per the rules).

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Won't happen without a lot of scripting, and that's not an option. I can see that concept being exploited as well by a hacker. (Think of injecting code under an anonymous account, or using the anonymity to allow a account to be hijacked)

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Now that is a great idea.
Just addressed that, not a feasible option, nor would it address the needless posting, but rather encourage it.

I don't really see how comments helps to sell other than bringing the ad back up . If people used the feedback system that may help . Just think if CL allowed replies to ads posted. As long as you manage your ad and PM's in a timely fashion it should hurt sales a bit.These are ads not blogs.
Oh lord, given the caliber of emails I get from CL listings, there's no way I could imagine a CL like "chat board".

In the past members simply misused the classifieds.

We warned everyone repeatedly with no result.

The loss of ability to reply directly resulted from that.

If "business" is lower, I do not think you can clearly show that it is due to the way our classifieds are now.

If your doing "business" as FT mentioned, you should be a vendor(as per the rules).
I would say it'd be best to actively seek sales by staying on top of your ads, or simply being creative in your advertisement. I see that some people have only a few adds, and only half of them have recent updates to them. Going back to advertising in the classifieds. I know I advertised in the local paper and on CL frequently in my business. If it gets a sale, it gets one. But sealing the deal has always came down to me chasing the sale, not expecting more sales from chatter. I've tried advertising on facebook as well, that never results in sales for me. Just someone else that pipes in with a "So and so has it for X dollars less".

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks