• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not just a plaything anymore.

Rolling_Eudaimonia

So I actually put the M35 in the mud. My brother thought I would never go offroad but I promised him I would help him go to free dump day that the Hardin County dump offers each year. So I drove to Hardin county from Louisville at night, it usually takes about an 1.5hrs to get my brothers house in Hardin county just outside of Elizabethtown. So we got all of his junk in the back of the truck and I wish I taken a picture because before we secured it with the rope the branches (it was all trees from the ice storms) were like 15feet in the air from the ground the truck looked like the Grinches’ sleigh. I felt like the little Dog with the stupid antler tired to my forehead. So we piled this stuff into the back. And fool brother was disappointed that I it wasn’t a M817 so we could get all in one trip.

I know brothers are never happy, with free help. You know the truck drives a lot better with about 1000lbs or so on the back. I mean once you get the back from skipping all over the place the ride is a lot better. Usually I drive around with back empty but I’m thinking about putting a 1000lbs over the rear axles from now on for all driving. It responded better in the turns it reduced a lot for the road viberations which of course made it a lot better to drive. I didn’t think a 1000lbs would be enough but that is all we had on it basically maybe 1500lbs. The lady at the dump didn’t tell us.

However, we had one little disappointment. The dump in Hardin County used to have this massively muddy road leading up to the promised land of Methane waste and non-biodegradable products of our mass consumer society, but sadly those fools at the dump put in a hard packed road. My brother and I gone in his GMC Cargo van with a trailer and nearly got stuck on the way up so we were hoping to give the 6x6 drive a real workout leaving trenches up the entire length of the road about 1/10th of a mile. Instead we did 25mph the 15% grade slope in 6x6 high. I have to admit not as satisfying as say doing 8mph and making trenches 20inches deep the entire length of the road. In fact it was sort of a buzz-kill. We did get some nasty stuff stuck the truck when drove it dump and left some nice 5-10 inch deep trenches in the actual refuse areas, but I would have rather not taken as much out of the dump as I did. Funky smelling stuff to say the least.

But this weekend is dirt day! So I want to see what 5,000lbs is like in the back of the M35. Not so thrilled about having to actually shovel that much dirt out of the back of my baby but hey what can you can you do I owe my brother a few favors. Besides it is play time with the tonka toy. I require mud, in copious amounts actually, and I’m hoping that the dirt-place will not disappoint. I need the good stuff. The deep mud where I can use the 6x6 feature and feel like a Viking king raiding the English Isles that is what I require feel like I’m a true M35 owner.

So I’ll bring a camera and show you what the baby looks like when it is working…

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks