• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NOT MY TRIP but..

dmetalmiki

At beltring U.K. this year I displayed NINE trucks. (mission posted in conversations). and after arriving noticed a puncture. Yup a puncture but on my REO camper HUGE wheeled thing! AND my M45 fire truck.
well the day after we arrived I decided to "do" the fire unit. Outer rer. so BIG block under the inner up we go wheel off, and as im replacing the wheel avoice offers help, its a forieghn youth and as im struggling I accept his help whereupon three other of his comrades appear and promptly make short work of installing the wheel etc. I am very gratefull.
HA! but now I look at the BIG wheel and tire on my reo, they are amazed at the size and problem but assist me change that huge lump as well.
Problem the winch to lower and raise the wheel on rear of truck is jammeds. (ok so I admit I appear to have bumped the garage/shed/house whatever at some point!) We strip off the winch dissemble repair and re install it. then all goes well with the lower and raise. I simply can not praise enough the help care attention and ATTITUDE these lads posseds. So here is (some of) their story.
Two brothers 18 years old and Sixteen with two friends Drive from germany on their own loaded to the gunnels with kit inside on back on front! of a PERFECTLY rebuilt jeep the 18 Y.O. had restored since his father bought it for him FOUR yesrs ago! when he was 14! Now finished they are accomplishing this amazing jouney. Our troop were more than impressed with these lads and especially by their demeanour all round. We all became good friends exchanging details etc. And actually one of the fathers arriving (by car) to visit was so impresssed by my air power steer DEUCE he Bought it from me!
The driver (and his brother) sabastian are touring Britain for a further two weeks (one week at a college) then Driving back to Germany in the jeep. the other two lads returned with the Father.
They promised to join STEEL SODIERS on their return and post the full story with pictures. (I hfound two so will post those meanwhile) of the fully loaded jeep and YEP the room for the two sitting side on in the back of the jeep was limitted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks