• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not really a Road Trip, but it sure made some old time veterans happy...

Milsurp

This past October, a gentleman from the VFW happened by my house one morning and noticed my M37 sitting in the driveway. It was a cold morning and when I opened the door, I invited him him. He asked me if my M37 (he knew what it was) ran, and if I would like to enter it into the Veteran's Day Parade? Being a veteran myself, I gladly told him I would. We made arrangements to meet up at the VFW on the morning of the parade. That is where all veterans assemble and for those with a military vehicle to line up in their vehicles.

Well, as things were getting organized for the ride/walk up to the lakeside park memorial site, the Korean Vet and four other veterans about his same age climbed into the back, and stood abreast looking over the cab of my truck as we made our way to the veterans memorial park. The man I spoke with a month earlier, was in the middle of the gentlemen and he played his trumpet all the way to the park.. honoring each branch with their respective songs.

All the grade school kids were lined up all the way along both sides of the road with their parents and so many others. The M37 was a HUGE success and the men who rode with me that day were so happy.

It was a wonderful memory. :driver:

Last edited:

6x6guy

Being in the service and knowing and losing good friends there is a connection that will be never understood by those
who never served, I do what I can to help other vets and groups like Wounded Heros, and Wounded Warriers by placing one of my trucks near the event and let bar owners place banners on it for fund raising ( it realy helps get attention thay other wise wouldn't get ). I realy enjoy doing a couple of parades in local towns to help out with transportation of wounded and aging vets these guys realy have a great time and are very appreciative.
I do what I can with what I have, and it make a differance in other peoples lives and will continue doing this untill I no longer exist -to show my gratude for the others who have given it all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks