• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not shifting into 2nd gear

hg adams

My M1028 dually is making hard shifts at about 25 mph under light throttle from 1st to 2nd. I can get it to shift earlier if I shift the gear selector from drive to neutral and let off the throttle and then shift back into drive. Transmission fluid is full by reading the dipstick when the truck is sitting level and warmed up, but it is somewhat foamy. I have never seen any sign of foam at all in my 07 duramax/allison, so it looks a little strange to me. Any suggestions would be great.

USAWEAPON777

I don't know exactly but I believe there have been some issues relating to the vacuum pump and the lines to it. Do a search for it. I know my truck shifts to 3rd at 25.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks