• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not so Newbie

Mikes Bikes

Hello

I'm not so new here. I used to be here under the name Hemiman a few years back. Been lurking here as Mikes Bikes for about two years. Until now, most of my time has been spent in the M37 world. Yes, I still have my M37, but have added an M-35A2 to the fleet temporarily.

I just picked up a nice AMG Deuce, and drove it home, 220 miles on the NYS thruway. I even passed 1 vehicle! The truck ran as good as any Deuce I've driven. (I'm no stranger to the breed, was a 63B and Motor Sergeant 20 years ago). I bought it from a guy who may post here, (I forgot to ask).

John Tennis (who is on here) had checked out the truck prior to my purchsae, hence the trouble-free trip!

I bought the truck for my Church to send to Haiti as part of our relief efforts and the rebuild of an orphanage we sponsor. I leave in a week. Unfortuantely my export documents won't be ready for this trip, so the truck will go with me on the next trip in June. This will work out ok, as it will give me time to paint the M35 as well as perform other upgrades/maint.

I'd like to get a -10 and -20 for the M35A2 and a complete set of tire changing tools to send with the truck.

I'm also thinking of upgrading to 11.00-20 NDT tires. I'll stick with the duals though, as I like the idea of 4 mounted spares, given the environment this truck is going to be used in.

If anyone in the Rochester NY area has any of these things for sale (or donation), please let me know.

Thank you,

Mike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks