• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not starting help

choll

I just had a no start situation with my 09. I turn key and I get nothing. I get a click from the relay, picture behind dash next to ash tray, check the fuses all are good. I was going to drive this on vacation tomorrow, hoping someone can give me a quick fix. I did have a spare relay that I switched same results just a click.

Chuck

Attachments

appalacious

that's the starter relay that switches from 12V ignition voltage to 24V starter/solenoid voltage.
a pic of the connector side would be easier to identify.

Gotta get out the multimeter and check voltages. First batteries (12.5 on each).
Then at the solenoid wire when key is in start. Should get total voltage (23-25V)
If not, the relay is probably toast.

(yall correct me if I'm wrong on this stuff)

choll

Starter is fairly new, but I did think of that. I did get under the truck and wack the starter a few times. I'm in a suit right now so Im limited to what I can do. Looking for some suggestions for the AM

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you aware of all the starter run-on situations that have occurred, due to that relay?

I suggest you do the doghead relay mod, to eliminate that concern.

I am not saying this is you current issue.

JGBallew

Are you aware of all the starter run-on situations that have occurred, due to that relay?

I suggest you do the doghead relay mod, to eliminate that concern.

I am not saying this is you current issue.
This-Very Yes.

Even if the issue turns out to be something else, take the time to replace that rinky-dink relay with something a skosh more durable.