• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not starting. Many electrical problems please help.

zacharyjadams10

My cucv won't start anymore. It doesn't even crank. No power is getting down to the starter. I've done the doghead mod and when my gp card went out i manually wired in a gp switch with a ford starter relay. I'm very confused as to why it doesn't start. Every time I turn the key the wait light comes on which it never used to do (after wiring the gp manually) and now every time I turn on the headlights or turn signals or anything the wait light comes on. What is the issue here?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The very first thing to do is make sure the batteries and fully charged and load tested. Without known their condition at first you can spend many hours chasing your tail.

Then make sure all you cables are tight and clean.

Has your truck every run correctly? When did the issues start?

Also please edit your profile and list your state of residence. It helps us know where you are and if someone may be in your area to help.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks