• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not starting need help

gvaneck

Alright so I have a 86 m1009 and I went to look at the fuel filter today and when I took it off fuel came out so I put it back on went to start the truck up it didn't start so I remember the guy who sold it to me said that if I twist this little plastic thing it will get all the air out of the filter so I did. But then I look at the line that fuel bleed into and its not connected to anything and I don't no what to connect it to. I'm really frustrated and need some help from someone who knows more than me. Cause I am pretty new at this

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a whole procedure you need to do, to bleed the filter now that you introduced air into the system.

It's easier with a second person. Unplug the pink wire on the top of the IP(injector pump), opened the bleeder on top of the filter and crank until you get a steady stream of fuel. Close it, reconnect the wire, and start it up. Don't crank it until your starter gets overheated.

Next time, look with your eyes, not your hands.

When you get home, download and read all the tech manuals for the CUCV.

Last edited:

Westech

CPL
READ THE TM'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or even just a civy repair manual. If you took the fuel ilter off you got air in the system. Disconect the RED wire on top of the Injection pump, twist out the black knob on top of the fuel filter box (that is the bleeder) crank over engine untill fuel comes out. Twist back in knob and hook back up the red wire. Try to start it, if no start hold gas to the floor and start cranking. only crank for 20 seconds or so. Let the starter cool for a min and try it again. Good luck and READ THE TM'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
NO. the red wire you need to disconnect is on the top of the IP, infront of the airfilter housing.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I'm going to bed now. I hope you got it going......

gvaneck

thanks for all the help guys I got it going. I searched for a little bit on the forum and couldn't find anything and I was just sort of panicking. thanks for the help so fast

xenocath

searching.............
make sure you search in the proper forum i was searching Faq section for a long time and wondering why nothing would show up i was looking for.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks