• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not sure a bad omen or not, fuel suction sound?

math1960

I've searched the forum and checked the TM's with no joy. This may be normal but, not sure. A buddy helped me put on a spin on fuel filter. Man this immediately made this old, unreliable truck(m1009) run like a CHAMP!
It now starts every time, all the time. Fuel mileage has improved as well.
The only thing is right after installing the spin on there is a suction sound when I remove the fuel cap. Also the fuel gage started acting squirrely.
I don't remember the suction sound before.

Cheers:-?

o1951

That ain't good:( enough suction and tank can start collapsing, which would make fuel gauge squirrely for sure. I would check tank venting. Hopefully someone will be along with specifics on where to look and TM's.

Hasdrubal

I believe the suction sound is normal when cracking the cap. Your previous filter base had a leak, which would suck air into your fuel system causing the hard start condition.