• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Notice anything wrong about this picture?

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This picture was taken in Vietnam. Unsure of the year it was taken. This appears to be a M38A1 but look closer. Look at the wheels, seats, antenna base, front lights, cowl, and fenders.

Ghost00TJ

looks like an early CJ (69ish) rolled fenders (no side markers?) not a 151 straight fenders it does have split windows but I'm not sure what year that was.
Bumper doesn't seem correct for Military.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The mutt wheels will fit on these, at least my m38/mc. The difference is the mutt wheel is hub-centric and the willys is lug-centric. I have done this in last resort issues, but it makes me nervous. I'm guessing they used parts as available to make the jeep work in country. Also, I like the guntruck in the background.

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yea it looks to be late 1950's cj5, with CJ5 civilian seats, with M151 wheels and antenna base, it has the M38A1 headlight brush protectors, The windshield is off a M38A1 split window, the front fenders are from a M38A1 also. I think that covers it but one different looking jeep I have never seen anything like that.

BillF

It is a cj5. The m38a1 never had headlight brush protectors only the m38 did. Someone made those. Interesting that it has m151 wheels and antenna brace on it.

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Definately a CJ5 body, the rest looks like what it takes to keep something moving and working for a reason. There was a lot of that type of thing going on 'in country', and the "spooks" with the CIA didn't help things much with their 'civilian' vehicles in country too. Things like early black Ford Bronco's and CJ's were always theirs. The front end of this jeep looks like its been repaired, front bumper is off angle, after wrecking it, the spooks would have left it with whomever as junk and just gotten another. Just possibly how it got to be there in the first place. I had some 'dealings' with "those folks" while in country and was always amazed at what they had, carried or drank and nobody else could get it (legally anyway)

Amer-team

Please note the CJ5 style grill, chrome headlight rings, and turn signals instead of blackout lights, also no external power port on the passenger side.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks