• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Np205 pto?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From that picture, I can't tell if that is a transmission, transfercase or PTO.

cucvrus

That is a PTO in the first picture. Hard to tell what it will fit from the picture. I used to install them on all types of vehicles. We do not make dump trucks anymore because of the liability. That liability thing is sure killing a lot of business. That PTO needs precise installation and adjustments when properly installed. Any hydraulic pumps we install now are electric. 99% of the vehicles we build are NON CDL trucks. Good Luck on your install. Make sure it is shimmed properly.

rustystud

That is a PTO in the first picture. Hard to tell what it will fit from the picture. I used to install them on all types of vehicles. We do not make dump trucks anymore because of the liability. That liability thing is sure killing a lot of business. That PTO needs precise installation and adjustments when properly installed. Any hydraulic pumps we install now are electric. 99% of the vehicles we build are NON CDL trucks. Good Luck on your install. Make sure it is shimmed properly.
Your correct about properly adjusting the backlash on the PTO gears. They should be around 0.006" to 0.012" clearance. Any more and you will get what I call "gear flop" . That is when the gears have to much lash and they flop back and forth between the gears. This can lead to teeth breaking on the gears since your slamming back and forth. If the setting is too tight it can cause "binding" as the gears heat up during use. That can cause bearing failure and shafts breaking as your actually forcing them out of alignment. I've seen countershafts broken by improperly shimming the PTO unit.

View attachment Scan0248.pdfThought I would add this.

Last edited:

cucvrus

It could be right. I can look when I get home. I have a few NP 205 transfer cases in my stash. I will look and get a picture. Unless someone beats me to it. Ready set GO.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In your first post, first sentence you said,
Is this a np205 t case?
That is a question that I can only interpret as, "is this an np205 transfercase".

Yet, in your thread title you posted,
Np205 pto?
This I would interpret as you have a question about an np205 power take off.

Then you post,
Thank you. 6 bolts, not right then.
And in-fact, the correct PTO will have 6 bolts. So I have no clue what you are implying there.

Could you please take a few minutes to post clearly and concisely what it is you are trying to figure out?

cucvrus

np205-031205.jpgThis picture is where on the NP 205 case the PTO in the first picture goes. Now before I get in trouble for I don't know what. I will let it at that. I can not tell if the 6 bolt holes on the PTO will line up but I think they will. I installed a lot of PTO's on JATCO transmissions. A lot of the 4WD Fuso FE cab chassis were very popular for dump beds along with the Isuzu cab chassis with the JATCO transmissions. Just make sure you get the bask lash and the gears messed correctly. Been so long I forgot most of the stuff. I still have the Dana books somewhere.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The PTO hole and bolt pattern is a SAE standard, but the gear mesh is SPECIFIC TO WHAT THE PTO BOLTS TO! It's really difficult to tell from pictures, you need to check part numbers.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, and how to read part numbers to identify pto's is in the link I posted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks