• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NP205 Question

m38inmaine

I am going to install a 700R4 in my M1031, gathering all the parts and information first as it's my daily driver and I can't have it down for an extended time. I am looking at the Advance adapter kit 50-6902 which will adapt the 700R4 to the NP205 with 32 spline input as used with the Th400, also provides the adpater plate so you can use the stock transfer case adapter used with the TH400, and you end up with the same length so no drive shaft or crossmember changes are necessary. My question, is the NP205 as supplied in the M1031 a female input? This is whats is required for the kit. I looked in the parts TM but it looks like a male input but it shows no coupling that would be required to mate with the transmission output shaft, a bit confusing. I just want to make sure I have what I need before I start. I have a diesel 700R4 blazer parts truck for the wiring/cable parts. Thank you.

mangus580

Awesome project!

I think they are a female input, but I cant recall for sure, its been way too many years since I messed with a 205 case.

You might try sending a PM to Greybird, as I know he has had the t-case out of his 1031, to have it fixed. (pretty sure he has the 205... 1028 converted to 1031...)

OLDCHEV4X4

205 for the th400 has a female input and does not use a sleeve.
205 for the th350 has a fine spline male input and uses a sleeve to connect the two.
205 for the 4 speed has a course spline male input and uses a sleeve also.
IIRC

Taz

Hey Mark,
Just another thing, there are two different female input shafts on the 205's. One is short- sticks out maybe two-three inches and fits the 400 with the output shaft that sticks out about 4-5 inches. The other 205 input is around 5 inches and fits the later 400's with the output shaft that sticks out an inch or two. All of the 1031's I have or had used this later setup, but the adapter plates are still the same thickness. They were all 86 model year. I do not know if this will affect the Advance adapter kit or not...

Good luck,
Gary